Chia Seeds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Barbara: Chia Seeds: www.bobsredmill.com

:) Buongiorno Barbara,

I found this website in the June edition of a NYC Magazine called Bon Appètit, that my older daughter sent me last week, and I had thought immediately of you. Here is the lovely beverage Limeade Recipe using Chia Seeds:

CHIA SEED LIMEADE ... :yum: ( Bon Appètit Magazine - June edition 2012 )

a large glass Pitcher
2 tblsps chia seeds
5 cups of mineral bottled water
2 cups of fresh lime juice squeezed

1. whisk the chia seeds with 5 cups of iced mineral water in a pitcher
2. let sit until seeds soften - 10 minutes
3. add the fresh squeezed lime juice ( I believe one can use Lemons too )
4. Sweetner: If you wish to add: 1 cup
5. stir until the sweetner dissolves
6. fill glasses with ice and pour chia lime or lemonade in glasses

I have also read on above titled website that Chia seeds can be added to oatmeal and other vegetable and fruit juices as well, as they can be grinded into a Chia Seed Flour, and thus used for bread or muffins etc.

Curiousity; the price for 4 pounds at www.bobsredmill.com is: 34 USD Dollars, so between you and the Gent, that comes to about 17 Dollars USD per person, at 20 grams a day, recommended dosage.

Thank you Margi! That is an even better price than I paid. I will have to check into that.

I really appreciate the recipe and information!

:) Barbara

Barbara,

Good Afternoon & Happy Memorial Weekend ...

If I find out anymore information on Chia Seeds ( my daughter, the Biologist on the northeast coast of Florida near St. Augustine is working on it ), I shall drop you a note.

The Limeade sounds interesting ... I have some getting chilled here in Madrid.

Pleased to hear the price is lower, however, shipping costs question. However, I had forgotten to take notice where the company is.

Have a lovely evening.
Ciao.
Margi.

Back
Top Bottom