Cracker spreads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is your favorite spread for crackers that you take to informal parties?
Left over pieces of roast beef that's rare, put in thee f/p blend then add some thin sliced green onions the white and green parts, finely chopped greed stuffed olives. Mix all together with a little mayo, salt and pepper. put on your favorite cracker.
The same can be done using ham,sweet pickle,onion and a sweet mustard,
kadesma

Whizz up the following with a wand whizzer or blender.

Bake an Aubergiene whole, and then peel
Raw or baked whole garlic cloves
Yogurt
Olive oil
Lemon juice
Splash of vinegar
Salt
Ground cumin

Green olive tapenade! I'm usually lazy and don't make it myself, but it's not hard if you've got time to spare.

Deviled ham. Easy to make and everyone loves. Preloading a mechanical pastry bag or cookie press and encouraging others to make their own is really fun.

Last edited:
What is your favorite spread for crackers that you take to informal parties?
My home made hummus, babaganoush or tabbouleh! :) (Recipes are posted on my blog, so I won't repeat them here lol)
Tabbouleh is a super healthy and tasty "dip" for crackers, and it keeps REALLY well for a few days.

Okay, I can't help myself... It is my favourite "cracker pal"...

In the tabbouleh, I put:

1 medium red onion, finely diced
1/2 cup soaked medium grade bulgur
3-4 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
roughly 1 cup finely chopped parsley
optional: 2-4 medium tomatoes (no middle/seeds), finely diced
combine all.
Then, I make the dressing out of extra virgin olive oil and fresh lemon juice, salt and papper... and this part is mainly to taste, but I've found that going with 2-3 tbsp oil and 4-5 tbsp lemon juice and just a 1/4 tsp of salt and a dash of pepper works really well for the husband and me :)
:chef:

My home made hummus, babaganoush or tabbouleh! :) (Recipes are posted on my blog, so I won't repeat them here lol)
Tabbouleh is a super healthy and tasty "dip" for crackers, and it keeps REALLY well for a few days.

Okay, I can't help myself... It is my favourite "cracker pal"...

In the tabbouleh, I put:

1 medium red onion, finely diced
1/2 cup soaked medium grade bulgur
3-4 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
roughly 1 cup finely chopped parsley
optional: 2-4 medium tomatoes (no middle/seeds), finely diced
combine all.
Then, I make the dressing out of extra virgin olive oil and fresh lemon juice, salt and papper... and this part is mainly to taste, but I've found that going with 2-3 tbsp oil and 4-5 tbsp lemon juice and just a 1/4 tsp of salt and a dash of pepper works really well for the husband and me :)
:chef:

EDIT: I also add in 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh mint. must not forget the mint...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom