Cuisinart 7 cup Pro Classic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paid In Grapes

Assistant Cook
Has anyone bought or used one the current versions on the market, the DLC-10SYP1 ? I've searched reviews, but they aren't helpful for what I want to use it for. Buying on line and not seeing it first is my only option. I only want it to use it with the S blade, and the flat cover ( if it still comes with one). Cuisinart says it does, but I'm not sure. Also if their redesigns , blade clearence,may not make it an improvement.

I'm upgrading an '80's Oskar-- which is still an amazing machine that gets almost daily use. I want a bit larger capacity and mostly what it's for is making "nice cream" from frozen bananas and often frozen fruit. May use it to make nut butter or knead small amounts of stiff dough.

I do have a big processor, but I save it for the big stuff, because it doesn't work well enough with small amounts.

I have the 14-cup Cuidinart Elite Collection Food Processor (FP-14 Series) . I bought thru Amazon, don't remember what I paid but yeah, not cheap.
I've looked at the one they show now and it seems to be a bit different. This one only seems to come with 2 bowls whereas mine has 3.

Mine seems to have a much stronger motor than the one you are looking at. Mine comes with 2 different discs and 3 blades (one of which is plastic for bread dough).
Very heavy - takes space. Easy to use, bloody annoying to wash. Lately use it for pasta dough and pie doughs, mostly.
Check out Amazon, might be your best price and you'll see all you get with and can compare motor sizes.

Have you considered any other options? Like a power blender...mine has an ice cream setting. Or how about a machine that is meant for making Nice Cream. Friends of mine rave about the Ninja CREAMi.

I also have the Cuisinart 14-Cup Elite, as well as a Cuisinart Mini Food Processor. I am very happy with both. I have no reason to think the 7-Cup processor would not be just a good.

I would like to have power blender, but it would not be a replacement for my food processors. It is not the same thing. If my current Kitchen Aid blender dies, I'll probably get something like a VitaMix or Ninja. I'm not going to spend that kind of money to replace a blender that still works to my satisfaction.

CD

I have the 14-cup Cuidinart Elite Collection Food Processor (FP-14 Series) . I bought thru Amazon, don't remember what I paid but yeah, not cheap.
I've looked at the one they show now and it seems to be a bit different. This one only seems to come with 2 bowls whereas mine has 3.

Mine seems to have a much stronger motor than the one you are looking at. Mine comes with 2 different discs and 3 blades (one of which is plastic for bread dough).
Very heavy - takes space. Easy to use, bloody annoying to wash. Lately use it for pasta dough and pie doughs, mostly.
Check out Amazon, might be your best price and you'll see all you get with and can compare motor sizes.
That sounds like mine. I really like it, except for washing it. I made sure it was dishwasher safe before I bought it. I didn't realize it was only dishwasher safe on the top shelf of the dishwasher. My dishwasher's top shelf isn't tall enough for much other than the little bowl and the blades. The annoying thing fills my dish drainer rack. I don't use it nearly as often as I would if it weren't so annoying to wash.

It works great for nice cream. The motor seems plenty strong. It goes through that frozen fruit effortlessly.

The one I'm looking at is the "old style" with the paddle switch and still comes with the flat top. They claim a 600w motor. I don't really care about the chute as I don't think I'd ever use any of the slicing or shredding functions. I don't use any of that stuff on my big one anymore either.

I keep trying to grab a picture, but it won't for some reason no matter where I try to source if.

Have you considered any other options? Like a power blender...mine has an ice cream setting. Or how about a machine that is meant for making Nice Cream. Friends of mine rave about the Ninja CREAMi.
Yes, I have been giving alternatives thought. The Ninja regular processor might be ok, but the Cuisinart design is what I want. I'm only looking to replace the 2 cup Oskar because I'd like a larger bowl, and a dedicated pulse switch. The other major consideration is it has to fit in a particular space on the counter, ready for use.

The little French made Oskar is my benchmark for a food processor. It has a 600w motor and it wouldn't surprise me if it was made by Robot Coupe it's that good. It still amazes me how good this little machine is and I can be very demanding of it.

I have 2 jar type blenders, a mid '70's Oster (avacado green, of course) and an old stainless Vitamix.
They're blenders, not processors and don't really do what I want. I don't know what a modern Vitamix is like, but I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a blender, because I don't use them nearly as much. The Vitamix was a gift about 7 years ago.

That sounds like mine. I really like it, except for washing it. I made sure it was dishwasher safe before I bought it. I didn't realize it was only dishwasher safe on the top shelf of the dishwasher. My dishwasher's top shelf isn't tall enough for much other than the little bowl and the blades. The annoying thing fills my dish drainer rack. I don't use it nearly as often as I would if it weren't so annoying to wash.

It works great for nice cream. The motor seems plenty strong. It goes through that frozen fruit effortlessly.
I suspect it should work well, more concerned about blade to bowl height and the durability of the plastic bowl. I'm the dishwasher so that's one reason I like a small unit that's easy to use and clean up. My big processor is fine, just lots of parts get dirty just to use it for small things daily.

Blenders/stick blenders I would just stick in the washing tub and give it a shot. Rinse - Done.
Never tried it with my FP's but it's a thought. If you're careful enough, don't want a episode of dish soap in the dish washer - we've all seen what happens then! LOL!

Blenders/stick blenders I would just stick in the washing tub and give it a shot. Rinse - Done.
Never tried it with my FP's but it's a thought. If you're careful enough, don't want a episode of dish soap in the dish washer - we've all seen what happens then! LOL!
I haven't. Do suds start leaking out of the dishwasher?

gettyimages-107908140-612x612.jpg

Yes, I'd say it leaks a bit.

I've actually seen worse than the above!

Give it a try... what's the worst that could happen? ;)

CD :ROFLMAO:
I think dragn's attachment shows what could happen. I think I had already seen a photo like that before I got my first dishwasher. Besides, I don't have a functional dishwasher at the moment to try it with.

I think dragn's attachment shows what could happen. I think I had already seen a photo like that before I got my first dishwasher. Besides, I don't have a functional dishwasher at the moment to try it with.

So, we can't look forward to an entertaining post from you on putting dish soap in your dishwasher? :(

CD

Back
Top Bottom