Dinner 9-19-2019 ~ Ahoy, Hearties, what grub are ye fixin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
It's Talk Like a Pirate Day, a favorite silly celebration in our family. While mugs of rum and handfuls of beef jerky might be more appropriate, this wench has other plans. We're having chicken teriyaki, pan-braised bok choy from the farm stand, and rice. Himself said he'd grill the chicken, but I don't know. It's chilly outside and I need to keep him healthy for his star gazing nights. :mrgreen:

What swill will you be slopping up to your crew?

Going to fry up some brined boneless pork chops. Buttered egg noodles and roasted brussels sprouts will complete the meal. Later, dessert will be marble cake with chocolate fudge frosting.

Ham, granny smith apple, thyme, sharp cheddar quiche with fruit salad.

Attachments

• 2019-09-19 18.47.41.jpg
    2019-09-19 18.47.41.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 132
Eye round roast, spinach, mashed turnip root and yukon potatoes (with butter sour cream and chives) and burgundy pan gravy.

roast_091918_IMG_6249.jpg

It's It's chilly outside

One good thing about the chilly weather is that the yellow jackets are not buzzing me when I pick the golden raspberries. With the reds, I only have to deal with the bumblebees which don't bother me and they're fun to watch.

We had haddock with some sort of bread topping, roasted "dinosaur" kale from the garden and red/golden raspberries.

Heading to FL first thing in the morning to see my parents. Will be bringing a box of goodies from my garden: eggplant, tomatoes, red/white onions, garlic, and peppers.

I made a sambar, like one I made a couple of weeks ago, with okra and a large amount of shallots, but this time, I didn't have enough okra, so I added some of those long beans, cut to 1" pieces, to make up for them. And since I didn't make any flatbread to eat with it, I added a couple of potatoes, cut to about the same size as the okra. Great one-dish meal, with several leftover servings.

Now that it's cooling off a little, I had a hankerin' for a ground beef, rice, and tomato sauce stuffed bell pepper - so that's what it was. It's been about a year since I've had one, and I really enjoyed it. :yum: Watermelon for a side.

Great dinner pics, all! Med...that quiche looks especially appealing to me as I LOVE egg dishes.

Last edited:
One good thing about the chilly weather is that the yellow jackets are not buzzing me when I pick the golden raspberries. With the reds, I only have to deal with the bumblebees which don't bother me and they're fun to watch...
With the way you edited my quote, it looks like my teeth were chattering! :LOL:

Himself grilled burgers on Wednesday night. He said it was nice to not swat away mosquitoes. Stubborn old man won't use bug spray if it's just to go out and grill. :glare:

It cooled off here yesterday, so I made the first soup of the fall season - German sausage and potato soup. So hearty and warming. I served it with toasted French bread and butter.
0919192001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom