Dinner Friday, June 14, 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Corned beef, homemade coleslaw, steamed red, and yellow baby potatoes.

corned_beef_061424_1_IMG_2737.jpg

I just finished doing yard work as the sun set, and the two things I have to cook for dinner this weekend will take too long to cook, so it is a turkey sandwich tonight. Lot's of onions, so it's a good thing I'll be sleeping alone tonight.

CD

Pan Pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms, & onions, and some watermelon. Caramel Cold Brew M&M's later while watching the Tennessee vs Florida State baseball game.

I was having a hard time motivating myself to cook something nice. I was considering making Chef John's chorizo stuffed chicken breast, but it seemed like too much foofing. So, I decided on a tray bake of some Italian sausages and a boneless, skinless chicken breast that was fast approaching its best before date. But, what should I serve that with that, other than the already cooked brown basmati rice hanging out in my fridge? Wait a minute, I have some portobello mushrooms. Hmm, are they still any good? Oh yes they are. Oh! I have some asparagus. I bet that would be good roasted. How about that small bulb of garlic. Celeriac would be good, but it's pale. Ah, I have some celery. That's green (as it turned out, a lot paler than I had hoped) and less effort to prep than the celeriac. So, that's what was for supper. Cooked it all in the toaster oven. Sprinkled everything with some EVOO, cumin, and smoked paprika. That worked a treat and I have three leftover sausages and a bit more than half a chicken breast. That will make good snacks, sandwiches, and salads. I am very pleased with that meal. And, I learned that asparagus is good roasted, even roasted to soft.

Tray bake of chicken breast, Italian sausage, garlic, celery, asparagus, and portobello mushro...jpg

Last edited:
DH's plate:
Salmon Sushi, two ways
Korean Cucumber Kim Chee (or kimchi, whatever), it's leftover Banchan from a takeout
Tako aka Octopus Poke
Mussel Poke
Ahi aka Tuna Poke
Japanese Steamed Fish Cake aka Kamaboko

dinner 4.jpg

and for Moi:
Leftover Banchan of Cabbage, Mung Bean Sprout and Kim Chee Daikon or Radish
Fried Tofu Poke
Garlic Shrimp Poke

dinner 5.jpg

This was all from take out foods from either a restaurant or the supermarket, yup, the regular market here on Oahu.
MOST ONO (that's Hawaiian for delicious) !!!

Hey K-Girl, Chef John's latest YT video is for homemade Kalua Pork.

CD
Yep, watched it last night.
That's kinda-sorta how I do it, I just don't dirty up another bowl and I don't use nearly as much frozen Banana leaves - make sure you rinse them off before hand.
I'm sure that you've already read my blog post on I make Kalua Pig in "My Kitchen In The Middle Of The Desert".
Mines one comes out so dang "juicy" compared to how much pan drips Chef John had.
Also, we prefer large "shreds" of meat.

Back
Top Bottom