Dinner Mon. 2/5/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Anyone eat?

It's about an hour till dinner time here and since I didn't make this for the game yesterday, I'll do them tonight...My Chicken Nacho's for dinner.

French onion soup..roasted asparagus

Attachments

• 27718149_10156165122164993_1585381385_n.jpg
    27718149_10156165122164993_1585381385_n.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 172
DW made buffalo burgers, Nathans Jumbo crinkle cut fries, and Progresso teary New England clam chowder.

Yeah, I know. Weird combo. But the boy is sick, and that's what he asked for.

DW ain't feeling well either, so I'm hoping to getting around to cooking tomorrow night.

Turkey breast roast and gravy made in the Instant Pot. Mashed potatoes, carrots, and salad.

Blueberries and frozen yogurt for dessert.

It's what WAS for dinner tonight here in the middle of the desert

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

Hamburger Curry (Stew is what we call it in Hawaii)
I had a local hankering lately and got this
bug in my bonnet... MMM!
It could have used a bit more gravy for my liking though...
Very budget friendly, oh, that reminds me, I
had made mention of this dish to, um, who was it now? :wacko:

It's what WAS for dinner tonight here in the middle of the desert

View attachment 29055

View attachment 29056

View attachment 29057

Hamburger Curry (Stew is what we call it in Hawaii)
I had a local hankering lately and got this
bug in my bonnet... MMM!
It could have used a bit more gravy for my liking though...
Very budget friendly, oh, that reminds me, I
had made mention of this dish to, um, who was it now? :wacko:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNEE-zFg_OQ

Well, I expected to be working a very long day, but that project got kicked two weeks down the road, do I cooked a good supper.

Prime ribeye steak, seasoned with salt, pepper and granulated garlic, then sous vide to medium rare, and seared with the Searzall. On the side, I roasted some red potatoes, lubed with olive oil, and seasoned with salt, pepper and herbes de Provence.

CD

Attachments

• SteakTaters001.jpg
    SteakTaters001.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 110
Because my Dad has gotten in this I must repurpose leftovers to be something else kick, I made oven-baked pork egg rolls and pork stir fry.

Had my semi-annual hob-nob with the doctor to make sure I'm still alive (AND, for those who yelled at me, I finally got my flu shot ;) ), did quick shops at two grocery stores...and came home not feeling like making any one of the three dinners I had up my sleeve. *sigh*

Breakfast to the rescue! Some leftover ham, fried up some hand-cut, thin-sliced potatoes seasoned with Florida Seasoned Pepper, and scrambled eggs seasoned with Fines Herbs and French feta cheese. Half of a hot-crossed bun, with the other half saved for later.

Attachments

• 20180205_214150.jpg
    20180205_214150.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 92
Had my semi-annual hob-nob with the doctor to make sure I'm still alive (AND, for those who yelled at me, I finally got my flu shot ;) ), did quick shops at two grocery stores...and came home not feeling like making any one of the three dinners I had up my sleeve. *sigh*

Breakfast to the rescue! Some leftover ham, fried up some hand-cut, thin-sliced potatoes seasoned with Florida Seasoned Pepper, and scrambled eggs seasoned with Fines Herbs and French feta cheese. Half of a hot-crossed bun, with the other half saved for later.

Love that Christmas plate there CG! :LOL:

Hamburgers with parsnip and potato mash and a salad. I love parsnip mash but none of the family likes it, so I added some to the mash and my daughter said it was the best mash ever. She still doesnt know there was parsnips in it.

Wow, what fabulous looking (and sounding!) dinners last night! Gives me lots of ideas - been in a cooking rut lately.

Bucky, I hope Mrs.Bucky and son are feeling better today. My grandson wasn't feeling well and had to be picked up from school early today. Dr. did a swab and he has the dreaded FLU. :( He was here yesterday afternoon and I'm hoping beyond hope that I don't get it....

Back
Top Bottom