Dinner Saturday August 7, 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm pretty sure we aren't the first to have had dinner tonight, but I guess I'm the first to check on what's cooking. I made one of our favorite one-pot meals from Southern Living, Skillet Shrimp Destin with Orzo. That and a salad hit the spot, but I bet we end up with a little room for strawberry shortcake later on...

https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/skillet-shrimp-destin-orzo

IMG_20210807_204032310.jpg

We had a "date night" and ordered from our favourite Greek resto. I had a souvlaki platter, with a salad, two sticks of pork souvlaki, wonderful rice pilaf, and Greek, roasted potatoes. We also ordered a side of dolmadakia. It was a nice treat. DH ordered a platter with the same accompaniments as mine, but with oregano chicken breast.

Got a good bunch of tomatoes from the greenhouse. Used half of them to make fresh tomato soup.

kcLhnRS.jpg

Roasted some red bell pepper and sizzled chopped onion and garlic in butter, then stirred in a bit of flour. Then the chopped tomatoes, red pepper puree, and water. Salt, black pepper, and thyme. Served with a garnish of fresh basil and grilled white cheddar sandwiches.

qfsHqVp.jpg

Glass of Hawley Old Vine Zinfandel.

Last edited:
Mom had a grilled extra-sharp cheddar cheese w/ sliced tomato sandwich and strawberries for dessert. I had some honey-roasted grilled chicken strips, pita crackers with sea salt, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes, and some grapes. 2 Special Dark mini chocolate bars for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom