Dinner's Ready - 2nd day of the 3rd month, 2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
Repeat of last night, chicken was still delish, vegies not so much. Sticky Chicken with that yummy Plum Sauce.
20230301_193731.jpg

We ordered burgers. They goofed. I got what DH had ordered. Well, we both got the same burgers. He had a Caesar salad with his and I had grilled asparagus. My burger was still pretty good, even though there was processed cheese on it, which I didn't enjoy, and enough sauce that it was really messy to eat.

I had a memory for dinner.

A bowl of leftover frozen peas in milk with a pat of butter and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.

My grandmother used to make this with fresh peas in the spring and with green or yellow wax beans later in the summer.

Cookies and milk for afters.

I came home from this afternoon's "pressing" business and another trip to Market Basket to pick up the cauliflower I forgot to buy ($60 later...) feeling totally wrung out. Wanted to make Picadillo, didn't have energy to make Picadillo. Himself ran down to our pizza place to pick up one of their cheesesteak calzones. Good, but not as good as the usual calzone place.

I did manage to slice strawberries for shortcake, though.

Have to file taxes today. Dredging it ;0
Tonight's menu might be bread and water.
Oh poor Chef Munky, I will share soup with you. Even considering the taxes you deserve some love and nutrition. :)

Here's what I made last night.
Lentil Farro Soup/Stew
www.italianfoodforever.com/2023/02/hearty-healthy-lentil-farro-soup/
It takes less than an hour from start to finish. I doubled it and made a gallon of it.

1/4 Cup Olive Oil (skip the inflammation)
1 Medium Onion, Chopped
2 Carrots, Peeled & Chopped (canned carrots)
3 Celery Stalks, Chopped (some dehydrated)
4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 Large Can Fire Roasted Chopped Tomatoes (diced tomatoes)
1 (14 Ounce) Can Cherry or Small Roma Tomatoes
2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste (ketchup)
1 Cup Green or Brown Lentils
1/2 Cup Farro
3 Cups Finely Chopped Kale (I skipped the kale this time because mr f doesn't like so much green in his soup)
4 Cups Vegetable Broth
2 + Cups Water
1 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
Salt & Peppers To Taste
1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
3 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Parsley Leaves
3 Tablespoons Fresh Basil
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice

It's VERY good. It reminds me of italian minestrone by taste. I doubled the recipe, skipped the greens, added a pint of canned little onions, and didn't salt it until I served it. I'm sure it will freeze well too.
lentilsoup62.jpg

Back
Top Bottom