Halloween supper 2023 October 31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I just reheated the leftover chicken biryani from yesterday's delivery. It was still wonderful. I fried up some frozen vegis (corn, carrots, green beans, and peas) and some onion with some Madras curry paste. Then, I stirred in a bit of yogourt. That was a very tasty meal, even though that was probably not the optimal vegi dish for that chicken biryani.

What did you have?

I've been not feeling well with little appetite for the past couple of days. I ate half a bowl of soup and a little later I had a couple of pierogies. It all seemed to sit well. .

I haven't had any wine, beer, etc. since Friday. I really wanted to make fried rice tonight. I made the rice Sunday night and it's in the fridge. Maybe tomorrow night.

Son ordered Pizza for everyone, then Spiderman, Ghost coming out of Pumpkin was joined by Tigger and a very large Bunny and very large Cat pulled them around in a fairy lit wagon. Two scary human men tagged along behind them.
Grandma sat at home handing out candy.... half of which she ate herself. (OK an exaggeration but she ate a lot)

Our dinner out was calamari fritti with zucchini and shrimp as well. I ordered veal scallopini, but server came back and said they were out. So, we both got gnocchi, marinara for me, bolognese for Craig. Craig got cheesecake takeout for dessert, none for me. Double espressos to finish.

Their bread was nice, a Tuscan type loaf, with 3 choices of spreads, butter, roasted garlic, and a cooked thick tomato based spread.

Halloween Dinner was Mystery Meat(loaf) with your choice of Mud or Blood (Mushroom Gravy or Ketchup), Monster Mashed Potatoes and White Corn…that looks a lot like….Corn!

name-graphics-ginny-932103.gif

Tuesday is grocery day (I order online and TB picks it up) so I always get a rotisserie chicken. TB has the two legs with Greek salad and I usually have some in Caesar or chopped salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom