Do you like to grill seafood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a clamshell basket I use to grill swordfish and large prawns. I have a pretty stock marinade I use for these made from soy sauce, citrus, garlic, shallots, oil, wine/vinegar, salt, and pepper.

basket.jpg

Unfortunately, where I live now it is tough to get fresh swordfish steaks and big prawns. So with smaller fish/shellfish, I prefer to pan sear for greater control.

We have something just like that. We usually cook shrimp and salmon on the stove top most of the time tho. But I can't stop thinking about the shrimp he grilled me the other night. lol

I looked at the link Cookie. All the recipes for salmon are of no interest to me. I like to grill shrimp, swordfish and Mahi Mahi though. The old days of grilling being a man's job are over. ;)

Attachments

• trixi.jpg
    trixi.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 165
I love seafood on the grill. I had never thought of grilling scallops until I found this recipe from Costco. Now it's one of my favorite ways to make them.

Grilled Scallops with Chili-Lime Cream Sauce

1½ lb large sea scallops
¼ cup olive oil Salt and pepper
¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Cooked jasmine or white rice
CHILI• LIME CREAM SAUCE
¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
¼ cup white wine (not cooking wine)
1 Tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
1 large shallot, chopped
⅓ cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp Asian sweet chili sauce or garlic chili sauce
6 Tbsp unsalted butter Salt and pepper

Combine scallops, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, red pepper flakes and garlic. Marinate for 30 minutes.
Prepare the sauce: Combine lime juice, wine, ginger and shallot in a small saucepan. Cook over high heat until reduced by half (3 minutes). Add cream, lower heat and cook until reduced by half. Remove from the heat. Stir in chili sauce. Whisk in butter 1 Tbsp at a time. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Preheat barbecue grill to medium-high heat. Grill scallops until opaque throughout, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
Serve scallops with sauce and rice. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Tip: Make a bed of grilled asparagus and top with grilled scallops. Pour the sauce over the scallops, or serve the sauce on the side and garnish scallops with chopped parsley.

SS, I have some scallops in the freezer hanging out waiting for a recipe like this. Thanks, it sounds delicious, especially with the asparagus.

Last edited:
I don't grill a lot of fish. We like swordfish on the grill. I just coat it with mayonnaise and grill it. I do some shrimp recipes on the grill. That's about it.

OK, but what about the link to Weber? Did anyone even look at it?

I viewed it and will again - thanks.

I have a Broil King pellet smoker that I'm getting used to.

I am more fascinated with grilling fruits and vegetables so hopefully will get a chance to experiment come Spring.

I viewed it and will again - thanks.

I have a Broil King pellet smoker that I'm getting used to.

I am more fascinated with grilling fruits and vegetables so hopefully will get a chance to experiment come Spring.

Here is another link to Weber, I have some real good corn on the cob recipes for you when you are ready to grill. My poster name on Weber is Joan

https://tvwbb.com/forumdisplay.php?84-Side-Dish-Recipes

Last edited:
I found you, read your post about corn and registered too.

That is exactly what interests me now. I'm thinking pineapple too.

Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Thank You. I think we might have some fun here. :)

I found you, read your post about corn and registered too.

That is exactly what interests me now. I'm thinking pineapple too.

Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Thank You. I think we might have some fun here. :)

Did you check out the whole site? If you ever have any questions about your grill, that is the place to go.

Okay. I will read more. Thanks again!

What kind of grill do you prefer?

Thanks Silver Sage... your scallop dinner was wonderful, although it was too cold to use the grill tonight. Love the sauce!

Attachments

• P2050057.jpg
    P2050057.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
I can't count the number of spiny lobster I've grilled. My preference is using my propane burner and a CI pan to blacken black grouper. We've made many a grilled crawfish pizza.

Oh man I LOVE seafood, aside from the fact that they offer so much good fat, they taste great. I grill all kinds of fish - any fish will do really as long as they're more than a foot long - anyway, I like to cut the fish up in the belly, chop up some onion & tomato then stuff them all in. It's such a great way to add flavor.

Back
Top Bottom