Double Whammy Goofball Chocolate Cake - TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
My DH, although not a huge chocolate cake/brownie/cookie/ice cream lover, is very fond of this one. Of course, I could eat the whole thing. Oh I just love being on a lifetime diet..................NOT! I hope it's okay if I post this here. If not, please to a MOD, could you remove and place it properly, thank you...

"Double Whammy Goofball Chocolate Cake"

Extra dark/bittersweet chocolate cake boxed mix
1 egg
1 stick butter melted.
~~~
Mix all this together.
Set aside.
~~~
8 oz soft whipped cream cheese tub
*16 oz powdered sugar
1 stick butter melted
1 T creamy peanut butter
2 T cocoa powder
1 1/2 t vanilla
~~~
Mix together.
~~~
**1 c raw peanuts chopped medium fine
Mix in with the cream cheese mixture.
~~~
Butter and [powdered sugar/cocoa] {this is what I'll call flour, the 13x9x2 baking dish. Preheat oven to 350. Take cake mix and spread over bottom of pan then pour the filling ,cream cheese mix, on top. Bake 30-35 minutes, don't overbake, and dust powdered chocolate sugar over the top of each slice. Serve.
~~~
*Although it calls for powdered 'regular' sugar, I prefer it with Domino's chocolate flavor powdered sugar myself. I'm a huge chocolate freak though.
**Although I say often about my husband not liking nuts, which is true, he does like peanuts which is why I was happy to have this recipe handed to me. I buy the raw peanuts at Trader Joe's.
~~~
t = teaspoon
T = Tablespoon
c= cup

I cant wait to try this one out, but is it whipped cream? Or cream cheese? Or whipped cream cheese? If it's whipped cream cheese, how the heck do get that? Fire up the kitchen aide at 10 in the morning and come back a 4? :LOL: ?

LOL - you can buy tubs of whipped cream cheese now. It's just nice and light and spreadable.

sounds good, but could I eliminate the peanuts? I can't eat any nuts at all, due to divertulitis. :(

I cant wait to try this one out, but is it whipped cream? Or cream cheese? Or whipped cream cheese? If it's whipped cream cheese, how the heck do get that? Fire up the kitchen aide at 10 in the morning and come back a 4? :LOL: ?
LOL - you can buy tubs of whipped cream cheese now. It's just nice and light and spreadable.
yeh, what ^^^KE said..........................:LOL:

hahahh, you know those little tubs that equal 1 cup or 2 cups of whipped cream cheese? not in the 8 oz block but the tubs. it calls for the whipped version of cream cheese, which is just fine with me.............:winkiss:
sounds good, but could I eliminate the peanuts? I can't eat any nuts at all, due to divertulitis. :(
well it probably wouldn't be as good, but guess you could try. I am not a peanut lover but the dh is...this contains peanut butter though even without the extra nuts, so................?

Last edited:
Mmmm that sounds fabulous, LEFSE!

And "Domino's chocolate flavor powdered sugar"???? Whoa, where have _I_ been?!

Lee

Back
Top Bottom