Famous Family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I totally hear you!!!!!!! Don't know ANYONE on my mother's side whatsoever and she died of breast cancer at age 30------Girls, REMINDER: get your yearly mammograms and do your monthly checks

I totally hear you!!!!!!! Don't know ANYONE on my mother's side whatsoever and she died of breast cancer at age 30------Girls, REMINDER: get your yearly mammograms and do your monthly checks
Oh, that is scary. I was jokingly referring to the fact that my whole family is nuts!:) But they are pretty healthy nuts - only heart disease, which I am actually having a check-up for tomorrow. But no cancer except for a couple of kinds that generally come with old age. I do the monthly breast checks and I'm hoping that breastfeeding for 16 years gave me some protection. (Because it sure did a number gravity-wise on "the girls"!)

No relation, but Larry the Cable Guy owns a home on a lake close to here. And there's a rumor that Oprah Winfrey owns a home on the most prestigious lake around here. And Brett Favre is on the computer background. Do those count for anything? :LOL:

Where in WI are you? I've waited on Brett Favre, does that count? Mike Holmgren? My boss's ex-wife just married the coach ... I could go on and on. Green Bay is a pretty small town for such celebrity, I gotta tell ya. People just will not leave them alone. Which lake does Oprah have a home on?

Hey, my BIL is a bonified war hero ... he was awarded the Bronze Star in Desert Storm and also for service in Iraq. Not fame, but I think it's more important to me than meeting Favre. Of course, he is also related to Erik The Red, which as you'll recall from an earlier page ... explains plenty! :LOL:

Oh, that is scary. I was jokingly referring to the fact that my whole family is nuts!:) But they are pretty healthy nuts - only heart disease, which I am actually having a check-up for tomorrow. But no cancer except for a couple of kinds that generally come with old age. I do the monthly breast checks and I'm hoping that breastfeeding for 16 years gave me some protection. (Because it sure did a number gravity-wise on "the girls"!)

LOL: isn't gravity fun????? :ROFLMAO:

My great grandfather was a famous Ayurvedic doctor or 'Vaidya'. His name was Late Gurucharan Sen.

A man was formed cataract in eyes and need to be operated but his condition was so bad that Indian medical College refused to operate him. My great grandfather operated his eyes by sharp bamboo lattices.

On my mother's side I'm a distant cousin of Gen. Robert E. Lee, and on my father's side I'm a distant cousin of Gen. (and President) Ullysses S. Grant.

I know what you are hinting at, but no, it doesn't automatically make them related to me. For instance, my Aunt Janet married a man named Ted. That makes him my uncle, and their kids are my cousins. But my cousins' are cousins to Uncle Ted's brother's and sisters' kids, but they aren't related to me. :-p (Of course, this doesn't hold true in families whose, as Jeff Foxworthy says, family tree doesn't fork!).

:)Barbara

That makes sense. I didn't think of that. I call them cousins by marriage.

well my only brush with celebrities was that I was introduced to Omar Sharif while living in Cairo and met him at the annual Scottish Ball.......his current wife was British........not too bad looking for his age and very courtly

well my only brush with celebrities was that I was introduced to Omar Sharif while living in Cairo and met him at the annual Scottish Ball.......his current wife was British........not too bad looking for his age and very courtly
OMG, I've had a thing for Omar Sharif ever since I first saw Dr. Zhivago. Did you collapse into a swoon when you met him?

yeah, I have to admit that he was quite dashing and his wife was very nice and pretty---blonde.......he loves to gamble by the way as well as being a renowned bridge player.....he's even written a book about bridge.......so he does more that look swashbuckling on a horse.....I loved him in Ghenghis Khan, too

Just a few

DH and I know Chad Reed, Supercross Rider, and his family personally. His Mum and Dad have been family friends for years. His cousin was our best man.

A friend of mine is first cousin to Hugh Jackman's wife, Deb.

As far as the family history goes, on mum's side we are English commoners and fourth descendants of the Lord of Bunratty Castle in Ireland on the other, and on Dad's side they have traced it back to the Vikings. Hmmm - Irish viking... that's an intriguing thought!!!

I have seen Princess Di and the Queen...

Well, years ago, I was a busboy at an Italian restaurant and served water to the entire New York Islanders Hockey team ( this is when they won 4 or 5 stanley cups in a row). They used to have a stanley cup party there and bring the stanley cup itslef. I was about 16 and it was kinda cool. I remember billy smith, their goalie, was with a women. So me being a gentleman and professional, I filled the womans glass first. As I went to put it on the table in front of her, he grabbed it from my hand, chugged it down, then handed it to me to fill it up again. I thought how rude it was.

My kids went to the same private school as the kids of the lead singer of Twisted Sister (Dee Snyder) popular 80's band and the kids of Karate Kids Star Ralph Maccio. He actually lives the next town over and my kids often are invited to the same birthday parties as his kids are, but they are not mutual friends.

And finally, I babysitted for a boy who costarred in the movie " Lost In Yonkers" wih Richard Dreyfus. Unfortunately, the kid died soon after because of a complications of a blood transfusion.

Anyway, those are my brushes with fame ( not sure if they count either)

I'd say it counts, for sure. My daughter served Tommy Lee Jones a frozen yogurt once and I count that! She also shopped at the same grocery store that Sandra Bullock did when she lived in Austin.
Well, given that logic, I am related to Dolly Parton. LOL She told me, when I was 16 or 17, that she liked my dress.:cool: And James could claim a lot of people, including Jimmy Carter, John Glenn, Elizabeth Montgomery, Lucille Ball, and Tom Arnold (he went to school with Tom, but a year or 2 behind him).

:)Barbara

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom