Friday, May 24, 2024, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Tovala blackened chicken breast with corn risotto, and green beans from the grocery.
20240524_185833.jpg

I had leftovers - the stove top wieners and beans and coleslaw. I have now learned that I did not enjoy those beans nearly as much this time. They were too cloying. This is definitely a dish that tastes better when eaten less often. I guess I'll have to make a smaller serving next time.

I'm in Denver, and the hotel bar was playing the Mavs/Timberwolves game, so I went down to watch, and ordered a $16 BLT and fries. I had very low expectations, but I was way wrong. The BLT was quite good, but the fries were some of the best I've ever had. The fries were perfectly crisp on the outside, and really fluffy on the inside. And, they stayed that way right up to the last bite.

I think I know how the fries were cooked. I think they par baked or boiled them, then tossed them around to rough up the outer layer, then deep fried them in really hot oil. I've heard about doing that, and now I have to do it to find out if that's what was done to these fries.

By the way, EVERYONE in that bar wanted the Timberwolves to win, but I'm guessing it is because people in Denver HATE Texans. When the Mavs came back from a 16-point deficit to win the game, I let out big, loud cheer... then payed my bill and got out of there before I got my a** kicked.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom