Friday, the first day of March, what did you eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Tovala meals again. Sesame crusted chicken breast with a vege packed slaw - carrots, kohlrabi, Brussel sprouts, broccoli stem straws, shredded kale and radicchio - with a sweet sesame dressing, with mandarin oranges and crunchy onion as garnish. Pictured below.

We had some store bought mini spring rolls on the side.

Craig had chicken Tikka Masala with basmati rice mixed with green peas, with yogurt and cilantro-mint chutney as garnish. No picture.

20240301_183229.jpg

Not here, but I did finally get to cook my shrimp fried rice on my new Blackstone griddle. It was very good, but the griddle needs more seasoning. I got more sticking than I should have. Sorry, no pictures.

CD

@medtran49 Sure.
Keep in mind that this is the kind of dish that plays nicely with your own variations. Add more chilli if you like it hotter etc.
I also make my own pasta, but in my recipe app, I changed it to packet pasta for convenience to others.
And some of the measurements are a bit odd due to conversion here.

Serves 4
13 1/4 ounces linguine
Generous dash olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
8 ounces tub fresh crab meat (see note)
1/2 cup and 1/2 tablespoon cooking cream
Lemon juice to taste
1/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Lemon wedges or basil leaves, to serve

Last edited:
1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.

2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add crab, cooking liquid and cream. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Add pasta, lemon juice, basil and parsley. Season. Toss to coat. Serve with lemon or basil.

In Canada I believe there used to be a distinction between Cooking Creme and Heavy Creme/Whipping Creme. But just looking it up now there doesn't seem to be any more.
Whether they just stopped beating around the bush with two different labels of the same thing or not ... who knows?

In Canada I believe there used to be a distinction between Cooking Creme and Heavy Creme/Whipping Creme. But just looking it up now there doesn't seem to be any more.
Whether they just stopped beating around the bush with two different labels of the same thing or not ... who knows?
I remember that cooking cream here in Quebec. If I remember correctly, it was 35% m.f., but had extra thickeners. I know they have cooking cream in Denmark that has the thickeners, but isn't as high in fat as whipping cream. It's touted as healthier. :ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom