Good sources of baking supplies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swinchen

Cook
Hi All,

I recently have gotten into artisan bread. I never knew it could be done so well at home!! I have a pizza stone which I like quite well... but my peel is horrible. I am also looking to get some other less common tools like a couche and a bread lame. I also want some good storage containers for flour (so I can scoop in easily), and a larger one for dough.

Amazon has a lot of stuff but I find it clunky to navigate unless I know exactly what I am looking for. Do you have any good recommendations for places to get tools and supplies for the artisan baker?

Also... what do you recommend for a no-knead cookbook? I have "Artisan bread in 5 minutes a day" but the lack of baker's percentages is a HUGE oversight in my opinion.

Thanks for the advice!
Sam

KAF would be a good place to start. I'm sure with some effort you could find similar items at better prices but I like to peruse their site.

Not every place has it, but some do. We have a restaurant and special baking supply stores here. They have anything and everything you can imagine.

Back
Top Bottom