Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
20-52.jpg

That's a lug nut off of a '79 Camaro Berlinetta. The beauty cap has come off. Right rear wheel I think....

This shouldn't be a problem for you lug nut experts.

It's actually pretty easy.

Attachments

• lug_nut.jpg
    lug_nut.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 90
Yes, they are knock offs, and they aren't "knock offs".

Thats a big clue.

Knowing that an educated guess can be made as to what car they are attached to.

It looks like a GT40 wheel. Some of Gurney's cars had gold wheels. Even more so, it looks like the wheels used on the '66 cars. They also were used by Shelby's commemorative cars.

That's interesting, given this and this.

Of course, the wheels used on GT40s were Halibrand wheels (pin drives, I believe), not "Ford" wheels, much like my Miata's wheels are Enkei wheels, not "Mazda" wheels. They look a lot like the wheels that were also used on Corvette Grand Sports, which were also Halibrands.

That's interesting, given this and this.

Of course, the wheels used on GT40s were Halibrand wheels (pin drives, I believe), not "Ford" wheels, much like my Miata's wheels are Enkei wheels, not "Mazda" wheels. They look a lot like the wheels that were also used on Corvette Grand Sports, which were also Halibrands.

?

Your answer is ?

Since it's not a Ford, then it's a Corvette Grand Sport, I would assume. My answer is the wheel is a Halibrand. The car must be a Grand Sport, since that's the only non-Ford product in my post. ;)

Of course, to be honest, with as much as we were shown, it could be anything raced in the mid-'60s, since a lot of different racing teams used the exact same wheels, since they were state-of-the-art, and I had no hint of livery to work from. :-p

Since it's not a Ford

I didn't say it wasn't attached to a Ford, I said it isn't a Ford rim.

My answer is the wheel is a Halibrand.

And HERES what it's attached to.

Of course, to be honest, with as much as we were shown, it could be anything raced in the mid-'60s, since a lot of different racing teams used the exact same wheels, since they were state-of-the-art, and I had no hint of livery to work from. :-p

Your assuming I was after the name of the car.

The allusion to what it was attached to and it being original (not a 'knock off') was a hint, those of us in the Ford circle, or should I say Oval, the name Hildibrand will always conger visions and emotions of the GT40.

Since the GT 40 was your first guess at the bonus question I guess that works for you, too!

2.gif

I didn't realize the model of car was a bonus question. It sounded like you wanted to know which car it was attached to. :-p

I find it kind of funny that the picture you link to calls it the GT40 Mach II. Anybody who is a fan of the GT40, Carroll Shelby or Ford, knows that it is *Mk II*. :LOL: The GT40 has always been a favored car of mine. I was raised a Ford kid, but strayed away from them when I discovered that Japanese cars didn't break down as often or require as much tinkering. :ROFLMAO:

I'll see what I can dig up. I'll get away from cars this time.

This one will probably be easy for those in touch with current pop culture.

What are these cute little guys called, and what do people do with them?

Attachments

• guess.jpg
    guess.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 170
Back
Top Bottom