Heirloom Baking Cookbook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nyeer

Senior Cook
Anybody ever heard of the cookbook "Heirloom Baking with the Brass Sisters", I just wanted to know: Is it any good? Anyway, what can you tell me about the book?

Ok, since no one heard of this cookbook, I am gonna tell you what I think about. I think it is great, baked goods I never heard about before, like "Frosted Pan Hermits", "Chocolate Fudge Pie" (it is something I should have heard about, but...) "Winthrop Beach Brownies", "Chocolate Graham Toffee Fingers", and of course that are classics like "Lemon Poppy Seed Cake", "Coffee Cake with Streusel", "Banana Bread", and others recipes. Of course the photos are great and everything looks delicious, this book was a bargain and I am really enjoying going through the pages, you see, I kind of collect cookbooks, and even though I told my husband I wouldn't buy another cookbook, this one was hard to pass by without purchasing. I saw on Amazon that they also have published "Heirloom Cooking", if I find that one for the same price I think I will have to add it to my collection.

That sounds like an interesting cookbook. It's always fun to look back at the foods our ancestors made. I wish I had some of my grandma's recipes that she made all the time. They weren't written down because she just knew how to make them. If you make any of the things from the book, let us know how they turn out.

I don't know that cookbook,, but I do go to flea markets and Friends of the Library book sales where I find old "church ladies" cookbooks. One favorite is from Starbuck, MN. It's funny to read the names, the women all use their husband's names, Mrs. Joe Clark, for example. One can see who the "old maids" are, as they have their own name.

This is not an old cookbook, it was first published in 2006. Even though I am not very old, I really like to honor and celebrate anything from past times.

I realize that it is not an old cookbook. I just like to buy old cookbooks for heirloom recipes, not a new cookbook that publishes heirloom recipes...

Yeah! I have a couple of "antique" cookbooks, I like them just for the fact that they are old, and neat for that same fact, but found it is harder to achieve the right measuring and ingredients are sometimes interesting to say the least, but when I found this "Heirloom Baking with the Brass Sisters" I loved that somebody else went through all the trouble of converting the recipes to our time (although I don't think these recipes required such a workful conversion.) Wyogal, missed your imput yesterday on a lot of the conversations, I am always waiting for your interesting replay when I am reading the threads, or maybe I just missed ya. Thanks for the reply anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom