Hello from New Orleans - Where Ya At?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peter_New Orleans

Assistant Cook
I have fun cooking and eating. I am back in New Orleans after a long long time in Houston New Orleans is famous all over the world for its cuisine. But truth be told the Houston Restaurant scene is crazy good food. I am looking for to putting up my own to cents and also to listening and learning.

I have fun cooking and eating. I am back in New Orleans after a long long time in Houston New Orleans is famous all over the world for its cuisine. But truth be told the Houston Restaurant scene is crazy good food. I am looking for to putting up my own to cents and also to listening and learning.

Welcome.

I live in the Dallas area, but I'm from Port Arthur.

NOLA and Houston both have some really good food. Houston has a Vietnamese/Cajun fusion thing going on that I have not had a chance to try... yet. I go to Houston about once a month, but I'm always in the far North suburbs, which is mostly chain restaurants.

CD

Welcome! New Orleans is such a wonderful city which we were privileged to visit. We fell in love with Jackson Square, the Museum of Art, Audubon zoo, and the food!
We live in a restaurant deprived area of central Texas, so I cook a lot, and have two prized and well used cookbooks, River Road Recipes and Prudhomme Family Cooks.
Really looking forward to reading your recipes and trying them out!

Welcome. We love Creole and Cajun food, and have been known to make our own andouille, tasso, and chaurice. We're out of all but the tasso right now. Made andouille and chicken gumbo for dinner last night in fact. Red beans and rice will probably be on next week's menu to use up the rest of the purchased andouille. Purchased andouille just doesn't compare to homemade. Check out the picture below of my copycat recipe for bayoubaise from Muriel's in NOLA.

DH worked, saturation diving, on the oil platforms back in the 80s and lived in LA when he had his off rotation, and found he loved the zydeco and the food. Then DD went to school in NOLA, living and working in Metairie for several years.

2020-02-22 18.15.33.jpg

Last edited:
That looks sooo good medtran... can you remember what went in? or actually, please, post a recipe for creative thinking challenged dragons?
I see mussels, scallops, rice, and....????

I have it typed up so will post. It's fantastic, but a lot of work and $$. Shrimp, red fish, mussels and crab. No scallops, those are the fish and shrimp balls, which could be made, breaded, fried, and served with cocktail sauce all by themselves. They were good just baked.

Welcome back to NOLA, friend!

Sure, Houston has its claim to fame, but there's something truly special about New Orleans cuisine. It's a melting pot of flavors, with influences from French, African, Caribbean, and American traditions. You get a taste of history on every plate!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom