Help with Chicken Casserole...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tancowgirl2000

Head Chef
Im not one for making Cassaroles at all....I have enough left over chicken in the fridge to feed an army, and thought I might make a cassarole with it but how do I begin? I was just gonna chop it all up, mix with macaroni and top with cheese but it just doesnt seem right....throw in some corn with it. Do you use a soup to mix in it? Really like I said I have NO idea.....anyone?:rolleyes:

This isn't exactly a casserole but SO makes it and I love it. It's not like a regular chicken pot pie as the filling if thicker.

You can also make hese and freeze them for later.

Chicken Dinner Pie

2 9” Pie Crusts
2 Tb Butter
2 Tb Flour
1 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Pepper
1/8 tsp Thyme
1/2 C Chicken Broth
1/2 C Light Cream
2 C Cooked, Cubed Chicken
10 Oz Frozen Peas & Carrots
8 Oz Whole Pearl Onions (frozen are OK)

Preheat the oven to 425 F.

Place one of the piecrusts into a 9” deep-dish glass pie plate.

Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat.

Blend in the flour, salt, pepper and thyme.

Cook over low heat until the mixture is smooth and bubbly.

Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken broth and cream. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil for one minute while stirring.

Stir in the chicken and vegetables.

Pour the mixture into the piecrust. Cover with the second crust.

Crimp the edges and cover the edges with foil to prevent burning.

Remove the foil for the last 15 minutes of cooking time.

Bake for 25 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.

Last edited:
This one is similar to Andy's. It's great if you're really short on time.

Impossibly Easy Chicken Pot Pie
This pot pie couldn't be easier. It’s loaded with chicken and vegetables in a creamy sauce and baked under an impossibly easy crust.

1 2/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1 cup cut-up cooked chicken
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
½ cup milk
1 egg

1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Mix vegetables, chicken and soup in ungreased glass pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches.

2. Stir together remaining ingredients with fork until blended. Pour into pie plate.

3. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.

Here is one you just need to use chicken instead of tuna.

• 1 can chunk tuna(6 oz., can use a larger size if wanted) , drained well
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 c. milk (I use evaporated)
  • 1 c. cooked wide noodles
  • 1 c. chow mein noodles
  • 1/2 c. chopped celery
  • 1/2 c. chopped onion
  • 1 can Chinese vegetables, well drained (I use 1 large or 2 small cans)
  • 1/4 lb. cashews
Mix all and put into a buttered casserole dish . Bake at 350o for 20 minutes. You can also use chicken instead of tuna in this recipe.

Great ideas......Im gonna have to make sure I have the goodies to try one of these...thanks y'all

Well guys heres what I did...

cut up cold cooked :chicken:, added a can of green beans, can of nibblets, can of mushroom soup...had no cream of :chicken: , Kraft dinner...oh sorry Mac and cheese, mixed all together thru in over topped with Mozzarella and viola!!! No body wanted to eat it:cry: ....I liked it but I guess my kids are just fussy or something....hehe guess what they get for lunch tomorrow!! I'm so:evil: ....anyways, thats what I did...thanks for your help y'all!!!

Oh and I went to feed my dog the kids' left overs....I thought I was gonna die!! He had the audacity to sniff it, look at me roll his eyes then slowly eat it!!!:ROFLMAO:

tancowgirl2000 said:
Oh and I went to feed my dog the kids' left overs....I thought I was gonna die!! He had the audacity to sniff it, look at me roll his eyes then slowly eat it!!!:ROFLMAO:
LOL not even the dog liked it?:LOL:

Soooo, would you say it looked more like a dog's breakfast than dinner? *running away quickly...giggling insanely*

MJ said:
LOL not even the dog liked it?:LOL:
Don't worry Tanis, my cats would eat it! They will practically get in your mouth to get chicken, no matter how it is cooked! :sick: We have about 7,000 cats (seems like it anyway!), and we usually have to put most of them outside whenever we have chicken.

:) Barbara

My family will eat just about anything if I top it with plenty of Velveeta Cheese.
I have some leftover cooked chicken and oven roasted vegies (potatoes, tomatoes, red sweet peppers, onions), also a few thick slices of ham...think I'll see what I can make out of that tonight. Come to think of it, have a few ears of sweet corn too...maybe a rustic chowder would be good.
Any other ideas?

Don't feel bad Tan, my cat refused to eat my leftover salmon mornay, even after a day! Your dog may just be really picky! DH says "starvation tempts fussy eaters!" to our dog! I hate it when you make the effort and the kids turn their noses up at it, I have been known to throw a huge tantrum in situations like that lol.

Back
Top Bottom