How soon until NYC is NOT a food destination?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
norwegians eat a lot of white or off-white food. they can have an entire feast of just whitish things.

you'd think in a country that get loads of white snow they might think about a caprese salad now and again, but nope. ole and sven ain't going for it.
That is called snow-blindness--white sauce on everything. Don't you read/listen to Lake Woebegone? Have you not gone to a Lutheran Church supper?

Last edited:
That is called snow-blindness--white sauce on everything. Don't you read/listen to Lake Woebegone? Have you not gone to a Lutheran Church supper?

Well, let us not forget ketchup, or (be bop, a loo bop) Rhubarb Pie. . .not only sponsors, but tasty additions to any meal. And PRAISE buttermilk biscuits, though they fall into a "beige" meal item.

no, but i've heard of both, lake wobegone and lutheran church suppers.

we are east coast norskies. mostly catholics, but we still have fiskeboller, lutefisk, and blodpolse at family gatherings, and at christmas, julekake.

hey, there you go. blood sausage and reindeer meat aren't white! unless you put a white sauce on them.

Last edited:
no, but i've heard of both, lake wobegone and lutheran church suppers.

we are east coast norskies. mostly catholics, but we still have fiskeboller, lutefisk, and blodpolse at family gatherings, and at christmas, julekake.

hey, there you go. blood sausage and reindeer meat aren't white! unless you put a white sauce on them.
Don't you guys have sandwiches on heavy rye bread (rugbrød)?

oh man, my maternal uncles used to bring over (what we called) dark and light rye breads from brooklyn on sundays. it was worth hearing the same stories over and over, and being pinched, and squeezed, and teased just for the bread!

oh man, my maternal uncles used to bring over (what we called) dark and light rye breads from brooklyn on sundays. it was worth hearing the same stories over and over, and being pinched, and squeezed, and teased just for the bread!
Krumkake, rosettes, and fattigman are white...

My sister's 4 year old will eat anything. He's been eating raw onions and snacking on peppers since he was 2. She made a point to assume, "if I like it, why wouldn't he like it?" he's never been told, "Oh, you aren't going to like that." the only thing I can think of that he's ever said yuck to was cold salads like potato salad and coleslaw, and I think that's more just the fact that it seems like something that should be hot, because he likes everything that goes into those. She also does the "you have to try it but you don't have to eat it if you don't like it" thing. Boy is it nice to be around kids that just sit down and eat.

I wasn't a fussy eater. However, I detested (and still do) canned peas. One day my mother noticed that I was more than happy to eat fresh peas. After that, she never served canned peas, just fresh or frozen.
Canned peas are gross. They are partially cooked and you cook them some more to heat them to serving temperature.

Fresh peas can be eaten raw, and all they need to be served with dinner is brought up to serving temperature, no cooking necessary.

I think peas are possibly the worst canned vegetable ever.

Patting yourself on the back?? I and everyone I know smoked in public because it was always excepted. No one ever thought not to because it was not a issue.

Your shoulder should be hurting by now with all that "patting yourself on the back".
No, I wasn't. I was explaining the historic basis on how the current "mommy" government thing came about.

There's only so much you can do. I imagine theaters would just introduce the "Bottomless Popcorn Bucket" and raise the price. And if you're spending THAT much time at the movies, it's not the size of the popcorn bucket that's the problem.

And I guess that's it for the five-dollar shake, too. I'd like to see what they would come up with in the way of a milk drink statute. Seems you'd drive the creation of "milk-like" drinks that would be worse than the real milk drinks. Ummmm! That's good palm kernel oil.

lol, skittle. you drink large espressos?

does everyone seem like they're moving in slow motion after that?

as far as mayor bloomies goes, i listened to a speech the other day and realized that he is a business man first. if it costs the city money to treat people's medical conditions, the people should be forced to change to help the bottom line.

it's simply about money to him. screw feeedom and personal rights.

lol, skittle. you drink large espressos?

does everyone seem like they're moving in slow motion after that?

as far as mayor bloomies goes, i listened to a speech the other day and realized that he is a business man first. if it costs the city money to treat people's medical conditions, the people should be forced to change to help the bottom line.

it's simply about money to him. screw feeedom and personal rights.
Would not be surprised if bloomers goes after buckets of beer and beer by the pitcher.

I'm really surprised the people in NYC are willing to put up with all the things going on there. It's a sad day when you can't even buy a common food because the mayor decides it's bad for you.

Back
Top Bottom