If You had the Chance to Go Up Against Bobby Flay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
If you had the chance to challenge Bobby Flay with your signature dish, what recipe would you use? Remember, on his show, you only have 20 minutes to prepare your dish, and any sides.

I believe I could get a really good French Canadian Pea Soup, with fry bread on the side. With the help of a deep fryer, and pressure cooker, I believe I could get it done.

I doubt that Mister Flay has ever made this soup. I could be wrong though.

So what signature dish would you choose?

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

The 20 minutes is the catch.
My dishes take forever.

10188673.gif

Last edited:
I'd have to think about it, but when you're going up against Bobby, you get 45 minutes; the two chefs who compete to cook against him are the ones who get 20 minutes to cook with an ingredient of his choice.

I'd have to think about it, but when you're going up against Bobby, you get 45 minutes; the two chefs who compete to cook against him are the ones who get 20 minutes to cook with an ingredient of his choice.

My mistake:blush: With 45 minutes,
I would challenge him with super hot salsa, and serve it on carne asada burritos, and on a burger, and with tortilla chips.:yum: The only problem I see with that is finding the right peppers in their pantry for my salsa recipe.

eeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I would take the challenge to him right in his own back yard. My signature dish would be Huevos Rancheros. My Huevos Rancheros Especiale, with chorizo, Ranch Style beans, and Mexican rice, would blow him, and the judges, right out of the water.

My second choice would be my breakfast chimichanga, but I'm not sure I could do that in 45 minutes. These videos were somewhat condensed by the videographer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uz2pITonEs&t=11s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dCeAKgLitc

Last edited:
I wouldn't waste my time. I don't care for him. He's obnoxious and condescending. And his food doesn't interest me.

Sorry if my comment offends anyone.

We have one child that looks like Brad Pitt and his 1/2 brother looks like Napoleon Dynamite.
Oh brother the remarks.

Anyway:
If I were to go against Bobby Flay it would be a seasoned rice dish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom