Intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MichelleO

Assistant Cook
Hi, everyone. My name is Michelle and I'm new here. I love cooking when I have the time to really enjoy the process and am always trying out new recipes. I look forward to "meeting" other people who share my passion.

I recently made Amish-style Chicken that was really good. It's one of the standards in our house.

Amish-style Chicken is really simple. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. While it's preheating, place a couple of tablespoons of butter in your pan (I use cast iron for this) and put the pan in the oven. Remove the pan once the butter is melted.

Combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. I don't measure for this and the amounts would vary based on the amount of chicken, but I estimate about a cup of flour, 1 T of paprika, 1/2 T of garlic powder.

Dip chicken pieces with skin on them into the melted butter and then the flour mixture. Put the chicken in the pan with the butter and bake about 50 minutes.

Amish-style Chicken is really simple. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. While it's preheating, place a couple of tablespoons of butter in your pan (I use cast iron for this) and put the pan in the oven. Remove the pan once the butter is melted.

Combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. I don't measure for this and the amounts would vary based on the amount of chicken, but I estimate about a cup of flour, 1 T of paprika, 1/2 T of garlic powder.

Dip chicken pieces with skin on them into the melted butter and then the flour mixture. Put the chicken in the pan with the butter and bake about 50 minutes.

Sounds similar to what we called homemade Shake 'n Bake. It was good, but I'll bet it it's better with the butter, than the way I made it.

Welcome to DC and.. Yes, that chicken method sounds really good. :yum:

Ross

Welcome to the forum, Michelle, and thanks for sharing your recipe for Amish Chicken. It sounds simply delicious!

Gillian

Back
Top Bottom