ISO Simple sauce for pasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mine's really similar to ChefJune's...and adaptable for either white or red. if making red sauce, i use olive oil, and butter for white. heat your oil/butter and add in onions & garlic & mushrooms, and when the longer-cooking things are getting done, add in whatever veggies you feel like (and i'll use about anything in the fridge, bell peppers, broccoli, baby spinach...). let things get nice & done, ideally with just a little bit of char on the edges of some of the veggies (gives it a nice roasted flavor). add just a bit of a good quality store-bought sauce (i buy very plain red sauces, like bertolli's tomato basil, and i like their alfredo too), and a splash of wine. simmer to reduce the wine into the sauce. total time less than 10 minutes, and sauce is as thick as you like based on how much store-bought sauce you added (i.e., if you only add a little bit, it's a very hearty mostly-veggie sauce).

same thing works *great* for quick french-bread pizza. make your sauce really thick & veggie-ful for this one. sprinkle a layer of parm/mozzarella on your bread, spoon the sauce on top, cover with another layer of cheese.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom