ISO Special Cake for 90th Birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smilineyes1

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone I am looking for a special cake to make for my husbands grandmother that will be 90 next month could anyone please help me?????? Any andall help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Does she have any special dietary restrictions?
Do you know what her favourite cake is?
My Grandmother loves lemon poppy seed cake, we tried a different cake one year and it was a disaster.
:shock:

to be honest i am not sure what her favorite cake is or what she used tomake most often so i am going to go out on a limb and just make one for her and no dietary restrictions that i know of

everybody has different tastes (I don't like icing but lots of people love that sugar coating on a cake)

I love chocolate cake with whipped cream a raspberries :wub:
I make 2 round chocolate cakes, but a layer of raspberries, chocolate sauce, &/or whipped cream in between the layers, top with raspberries, chocolate sauce, &/or whipped cream (it looks really pretty to "ice" the cake with whipped cream then top with chocolate shavings and spread raspberries around teh base of the cake)

For my 90th birthday, I want a cake loaded with liquor, frosted with whipped cream and decorated with blueberries, raspberries and blackberries.

So, I'll tell my grandkids to make a white cake in a 13x 9 pan. Poke holes in it and add some rum. Then whip the whipping cream with a bit of rum and decorate with the fruit. I want the fruit to spell out: Grandmere is the coolest!

If she doesn't use alcohol, how about a Lady Baltimore cake or a 3 layer white cake, using lemon curd for the filling, 7 minute frosting and coconut.

Last edited:
sounds good Half Baked
you reminded me that sometimes I also like to sprinkle Kaluha on the cake and add it into the chocolate sauce and the whipped cream

Why don't you chat to th rest of the family and see if they have any memories of cakes she used to make or her favourites?

Back
Top Bottom