It's Monday Again - What's Cookin'? 2/22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Bought a Pork Tenderloin today, cut it into reasonably single servings, and cut the small end into nuggets.......
Pork Tenderloin Nuggets, Steamed Broccoli, Mashed Idaho's with Gravy............

Pork Tenderloin Nuggets.jpg

Meatloaf with mashies and green beans.

Attachments

• 2021-02-22 19.15.18.jpg
    2021-02-22 19.15.18.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 145
Sous vide chicken thighs dusted with oregano, basil and garlic salt. Added a couple of tablespoons of olive oil to the bag and set them to cook at 160F for 2 1/2 hours.

Once done, I browned them and doused them with some marinara sauce and set them to bake, covered, on a very low temp.

Served the thighs with parmesan pasta and steamed green peas.

Soooo good!

Love this sous vide thing!!

Braised lamb loin chops (braising liquid - chicken broth, lemon juice, gravy master, minced garlic and shallot) seasoned with all-purpose house blend, steamed cauliflower and Knorr garlic shells side dish. And white Zinfandel.

lamb_022221_IMG_7793.jpg

I have been craving oysters for a while, so bought some today. Fried them to serve with tater tots. It hit the spot even if it was a bit monochromatic!

Attachments

• 2021-02-22.jpg
    2021-02-22.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 43
I made a Danish dish that I have never made before. It's called "millionbøf", which means a million steak. It's made of ground beef, so I guess that's a bunch of tiny "steaks". It sounded a bit bland, but was much tastier than I expected. I served it over mashed potatoes and with a salad. The salad had mizuna, rainbow chard, sorrel, broccoli sprouts, thinly sliced carrot, thinly sliced sunchokes, corn kernels, peas, chopped celery, thinly sliced red onion, thinly sliced purple daikon, and pecans. Homemade vinaigrette to go on top of that.

Attachments

• PXL_20210222_233800207 small.jpg
    PXL_20210222_233800207 small.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom