Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Police procedurals set in modern Greece

I enjoyed reading MURDER IN MYKONOS (2009) by Jeffrey Siger so much that I'm now reading his second book ASSASSINS OF ATHENS (2010). Both crime fiction books are police procedurals set in modern-day Greece. :chef:

without conscience by robert hare phd. the disturbing world of the psychopaths among us. another book same subject on way from amazon. i get on these tangents to know all i can about a subject. last was columbine shooting.

Read "People of the Lie" Scott Beck to know more than you want to about psychopaths.

I'm in the middle of Sue Grafton's alphabet murders. On L have M,N.O,Q,S,and T waiting. I know. P and R are not there. I read them first since they were given to me by friends. After reading them, I had to go back and start at the beginning!

I've been reading a series of silly, para/noir/fantasy/detective novels by a fellow named Jim Butcher. The series really defies classification, they're old school Dashiel Hammet-esque detective novels that center on a modern day wizard. I know, sounds ridiculous, but they're really kind of fun. Collectively, they're called The Dresden Files.

I've been reading a series of silly, para/noir/fantasy/detective novels by a fellow named Jim Butcher. The series really defies classification, they're old school Dashiel Hammet-esque detective novels that center on a modern day wizard. I know, sounds ridiculous, but they're really kind of fun. Collectively, they're called The Dresden Files.

Love Harry Dresden! There is a short story collection just out with a Harry Dresden story, the book is called "Mean Streets." The other writers are: Simon R. Green (John Taylor story), Kat Richardson and Thomas Sniegoski. I haven't heard of the last two, but will be finding out about them shortly.

If you like Jim Butcher, you should like Simon R. Green's Nightside series with John Taylor.

Had a monster read-a-thon these last few weeks. Read Jodi Picoult's My Sisters Keeper (finally!), Poor Little B*tch Girl - Jackie Collins (Good light reading), Mommywood - Tori Spelling (I now have a strong hate for that girl...), Joan Rivers 'Men are stupid...' and Textbook Romance by Zoe Foster.
Working at a major publisher has its perks!! :)

Just started "Mean Streets." DH is reading outloud all the funny bits of a book I read two weeks ago...they are still funny. It's from Jefferson Bass' "Bones of Betrayal." If you are a fan of CSI, check out Jefferson Bass.

pdswife, I'm like you. There are books all over the place. I read almost anything besides romances (nothing against them, just too predictable and too many pretty people). Right now I'm in the middle of a murder mystery (my favorite "light" genre), Through a Glass Darkly, and a biography of Edith Piaf .... and am reading aloud two different books to a blind friend.

Love Harry Dresden! There is a short story collection just out with a Harry Dresden story, the book is called "Mean Streets." The other writers are: Simon R. Green (John Taylor story), Kat Richardson and Thomas Sniegoski. I haven't heard of the last two, but will be finding out about them shortly.

If you like Jim Butcher, you should like Simon R. Green's Nightside series with John Taylor.

Thanks for the recommendation. I tossed Mean Streets and one of Simon Green's books onto my Amazon wishlist. As soon as some of this snow clears away and UPS can get to the house (which may be a while..supposed to snow again today) I'll let them ship.

The Good Soldiers by David Finkel - A gut-wrenching account of an American battalion stationed outside Iraq's Green Zone.

Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama

Just started "Open" the autobiography by Andre Agassi. I bought the hard cover - I have a Kindle, but wanted the book. Kindle also helps with me remembering what books I've read - it keeps a list :) just like audible.com keeps a library of read books.

I'm going for some light reading right now; picked up some Miss Read novels at the library. Not something I'd read on a regular basis, but nice, soothing, bed-time reading. Much on the line of Jan Karon's books, only English, and written in the early 60s. Let's just say Karon's stuff is almost hard-hitting compared to Read's, but both are soothing, when you're stressed out, kind of reading.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians - The Lightning Thief. It's really good! I'll be picking up the rest of the series.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom