1 package Betty Crocker 1-step white angel food cake
1 1/4 cups cold water
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup Key lime or regular lime juice
1 teaspoon grated lime peel
1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 cup flaked coconut
1. Move oven rack to lowest position (remove other racks). Heat oven to 350°.
2. Beat cake mix and cold water in extra-large glass or metal bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 1 minute. Pour into un-greased angel food cake (tube) pan, 10 x 4 inches. (Do not use bundt cake pan or 9 x 3 1/2-inch angel food pan or batter will overflow.)
3. Bake 37 to 47 minutes or until top is dark golden brown and cracks feel very dry and not sticky. Do not under-bake. Immediately turn pan upside down onto glass bottle until cake is completely cool, about 2 hours.
4. Beat condensed milk, lime juice, and lime peel in large bowl with wire whisk until smooth and thickened. Fold in whipped topping
5. Run knife around edges of cake; remove from pan. Split cake horizontally to make 3 layers. Fill each layer with about 2 cups lime mixture. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining lime mixture. Sprinkle with coconut. Store covered in refrigerator.