Need Tilapia help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Talapia is rather boring, tastewise, so you gotta either spice up the presentation (A restaurant once served a lady friend and I whole, and I do mean WHOLE, talapia, deep fried) or you have to spice up the fish itself:

Pilipino Style Fish Curry

Ingredients:
6 tilapia fillets

1 bunch scallions, minced
1 cup coconut milk
juice of 1 lime

2 Tbsp curry powder (Red if available, but yellow will suffice)
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp fish sauce

4 jalapenos (or other chili peppers), minced
1/2 onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp bagaong (shrimp or fish paste)

1 Tbs Canola oil
1 Tbs peanut oil

Preparation:
Marinate the fillets in ½ cup coconut milk, scallions, 1 tablespoon curry powder, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon fish sauce for 15 to 30 minutes.

In a food processor or blender, make a paste with the jalapenos, onion, garlic, ½ the lime juice, and the fish paste while the fish is marinating.

In a frying pan, heat one or two tablespoons oil, and cook the paste until softened and heated through. Add the marinated fish and cook 2 minutes on each side. Add ½ cup coconut milk, and the rest of the lime juice, bring to a boil, then simmer until sauce is the desired thickness. Remove fish to serving platter, put sauce in a bowl or gravy boat.

Serve with steamed brown rice and stir-fried green beans, sliced Japanese eggplant, and sliced carrots.

506 Cal (27% from Fat, 37% from Protein, 35% from Carb); 48 g Protein; 16 g Tot Fat; 8 g Sat Fat; 3 g Mono Fat; 3 g Poly Fat; 46 g Carb (37g Net); 9 g Fiber; 99 mg Cholesterol

You can try blackened tilapia..works very well since the fish is firm.

You can also try to make green curry (thai) with tilapia.

Forgot..another foolproof way to cook tilapia is to marinate it with paprika, rosemary, salt and pepper and tons of garlic..I know the flavors are a bit strong..but we like it that way..then broil the tilapia.

Back
Top Bottom