Nobody had dinner last night, Sunday, May 26, 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We got pick up for dinner last night as Craig wanted something not from home. So, Cuban food, palomilla steak and maduros for me, ropa vieja for him, plus rice and black beans for both. Oh, he ordered a Mexican pizza for an appy. I tried 1 piece and I'll pass on getting again.

The picture is half of what I got.
20240526_181600.jpg

I tried another new to me Danish dish. It's called pariserbøf. It's a beef patty that is cooked onto a slice of bread. The bread side is fried too, to get crispy. What makes it a pariserbøf is the toppings/garnishes. They are a raw egg yolk or a sunny side up egg, capers, chopped red onion, chopped pickled beets, shredded horseradish. The horseradish isn't actually shredded. It's more like curly strands of horseradish. I have a bartender's tool for making strands like that with the coloured part of citrus peel. In any case, I didn't have an fresh horseradish to do that with, so I had to leave it out.

I really liked the way those flavours went together. This was my first try, so the assembly is not as attractive as I would like. I will definitely make this again. I had coleslaw with that, because it was already made, so easy.

Pariserbøf and coleslaw.jpg

Sunday family dinner canceled due to wifes on Auckland prepping for conference
Sons cruising around Queensland Australia with 3 other families. P and o Pacific encounter!!
6 out of the equation .
I babysit 11yo eli..we got uber pizzas

Russ

Yesterday it rained most of the day, so I made ww bread. Mr bliss had vidalia onion jam sandwiches. I put together 4 meal sized salads, romaine, tomatoes, apples, broccoli, pickles, white beans, wheat berries, choice of caesar dressing or tomato dressing. We ate the last of the stuffed buns with extra cheeze sauce.

Back
Top Bottom