Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Venting! Venting!

I turn the computer on and where the heck is my home page? Comcast has turned everything upside down. All I wanted was to get into my email. No matter what I did, all I got was Comcast trying to sell me all of their services and products. It took me 30 minutes and two phone calls to Customer Service to get where I wanted to go. And then they had the nerve to ask me if I like the new Comcast? I held my tongue. Now I am afraid to shut my computer off. Because I have no idea how I got here. Son #1 is going to have to come and refigure my computer for me.

Now for yesterday. I was sitting on the edge of my bed. Puppy dog had that sorrowful look on his face. I patted the edge of my bed and he jumped up right next to me. The edge of the bed was tilted downward and he started to slide off. He tried to grab my arm and his claws did a number on my arm. Due to old age, I have thin skin. He took a couple of layers off. I thought the bleeding would never stop. He knew I was furious with him. He went into hiding where I couldn't see him. Once I calmed down I realized it was as much as my fault as his. He jumped up right to where I had patted. So I called to him. He came out of hiding real slow. So I patted the bed away from me where it was more stable for him to jump on. Sure enough, that is where is jumped up. He found his way over to me, put his little head on my lap and looked up at me with those sorrowful black button eyes of his. How could I resist. All is well again in doggydom. :angel:

Last edited:
Venting! Venting!

I turn the computer on and where the heck is my home page? Comcast has turned everything upside down. All I wanted was to get into my email. No matter what I did, all I got was Comcast trying to sell me all of their services and products. It took me 30 minutes and two phone calls to Customer Service to get where I wanted to go. And then they had the nerve to ask me if I like the new Comcast? I held my tongue. Now I am afraid to shut my computer off. Because I have no idea how I got here. Son #1 is going to have to come and refigure my computer for me.

Now for yesterday. I was sitting on the edge of my bed. Puppy dog had that sorrowful look on his face. I patted the edge of my bed and he jumped up right next to me. The edge of the bed was tilted downward and he started to slide off. He tried to grab my arm and his claws did a number on my arm. Due to old age, I have thin skin. He took a couple of layers off. I thought the bleeding would never stop. He knew I was furious with him. He went into hiding where I couldn't see him. Once I calmed down I realized it was as much as my fault as his. He jumped up right to where I had patted. So I called to him. He came out of hiding real slow. So I patted the bed away from me where it was more stable for him to jump on. Sure enough, that is where is jumped up. He found his way over to me, put his little head on my lap and looked up at me with those sorrowful black button eyes of his. How could I resist. All is well again in doggydom. :angel:

Addie,

You need to make him some stairs!

+1! Seriously. My little beagle loves hers. I built a set from a kit from Drs. Smith and Foster catalog. Some Walgreens stores carry an inexpensive set, and I think you can get them from the pet stores.

Addie,

You need to make him some stairs!

I have a small stool that he uses. But it is down at the other end of my bed. This accident was completely my own fault. He can jump up on the bed without any problem, but I pointed to where I wanted him to jump up. And he obeyed me.

But my arm is one mess. I put some Bacitracin on it. When I went to change the dressing this morning, it was still leaking. But it is now scabbing over. Because I am on two blood thinners, I get those black and blue marks you see on a lot of elderly. He broke two of them with his claws. They are filled with blood and are on top of little capillaries that are weak. Hence a lot of bleeding.

These black and blue marks are really hideous. In the summer I have to keep them covered when I go outside. The heat of direct sun will cause them to get to the boiling point and very painful. And I LOVE the sun. Whenever one gets accidently broken, there is a lot of bleeding as the blood vessel underneath is still open and seeping blood to the surface. Nothing can be done as I need those blood thinners. :)

+1! Seriously. My little beagle loves hers. I built a set from a kit from Drs. Smith and Foster catalog. Some Walgreens stores carry an inexpensive set, and I think you can get them from the pet stores.

He has a set a home. He no longer uses them. I have three grandkids that work at Pet Smart. So I can get them at employee discount. :)

I hate my knives. HATE. At some point, I'm going to be using these cumbersome beasts and slice off a digit. I know it. They make me slow and imprecise. I need new knives!! Wahhhhh. Someone better call the waaaaaaaaaaahmbulance.

I have a small stool that he uses. But it is down at the other end of my bed. This accident was completely my own fault. He can jump up on the bed without any problem, but I pointed to where I wanted him to jump up. And he obeyed me.

But my arm is one mess. I put some Bacitracin on it. When I went to change the dressing this morning, it was still leaking. But it is now scabbing over. Because I am on two blood thinners, I get those black and blue marks you see on a lot of elderly. He broke two of them with his claws. They are filled with blood and are on top of little capillaries that are weak. Hence a lot of bleeding.

These black and blue marks are really hideous. In the summer I have to keep them covered when I go outside. The heat of direct sun will cause them to get to the boiling point and very painful. And I LOVE the sun. Whenever one gets accidently broken, there is a lot of bleeding as the blood vessel underneath is still open and seeping blood to the surface. Nothing can be done as I need those blood thinners. :)

Aw what a nuisance with the black and blue marks. Sorry to hear about the scratches. I hope they heal up quickly. (((hugs))) Glad to read that all is well between you and doggie again.

Aw what a nuisance with the black and blue marks. Sorry to hear about the scratches. I hope they heal up quickly. (((hugs))) Glad to read that all is well between you and doggie again.

Thank you. I have been having problems with my monitor. Son #1 was going to the store. I thought he was taking an awful long time to just go to the store around the corner. He came back with what I asked him to get plus a brand spanking new monitor that is I think, 22 inches. I have to move my head back and forth to read. I had a LCD. Now I have an LED. What a difference. I have to tilt my head back to see what is at the top. I am stunned. The screen is so bright. I tried to pay him for it, but it is a no go. The old monitor was a 14 inch.

I am keeping my eye on my arm. I think it will be all right. It looks ugly with all the scabs on it. But that is a good thing. The scabs will help keep out the infection. Of course being diabetic, I will heal slowly. But I can liv with that. :chef:

I joke with my friends that when we were young, the sheets had blood stains on the lower half of the sheet. Now it is on pillow cases and the upper half of the sheet. I'm not THAT old, 57, but my skin is getting so thin and eczema, bloody noses, and even scratching the odd itch can lead to bleeding. And yes, my doggie.

Funniest was that I meet friends for drinks every Friday. I looked down and a scratch that puppy made on my wrist broke open and started bleeding copiously. I dabbed at it and couldn't get it to stop. I asked favorite bartender for a salt shaker. Dabbed the scratch with spit, then salted it, then dabbed some more. Stopped immediately. My friends (and said bartender) just looked at me. "How did you know to do that?" You know, I really don't remember where or why I learned to stop bleeding that way.

I joke with my friends that when we were young, the sheets had blood stains on the lower half of the sheet. Now it is on pillow cases and the upper half of the sheet. I'm not THAT old, 57, but my skin is getting so thin and eczema, bloody noses, and even scratching the odd itch can lead to bleeding. And yes, my doggie.

Funniest was that I meet friends for drinks every Friday. I looked down and a scratch that puppy made on my wrist broke open and started bleeding copiously. I dabbed at it and couldn't get it to stop. I asked favorite bartender for a salt shaker. Dabbed the scratch with spit, then salted it, then dabbed some more. Stopped immediately. My friends (and said bartender) just looked at me. "How did you know to do that?" You know, I really don't remember where or why I learned to stop bleeding that way.

Bartenders have a wealth of remedies, in my experience. Nancy, probably my favorite bartender, showed me that when I had a laringitis episode, to drink a shot of butterscotch schnaps. It was immediate relief, and I was able to sing karaoke later!

I have never heard of that one with the salt. Did't it sting? :huh:

Yeah, once upon a time I was a bartender. That might be where I heard to do it. Yes, it stings, but not what I'd call real pain. Just a mild sting. I'd never bother to do it at home, I'd just clean it (which would sting about the same) and bandage it. But I really wanted it to stop bleeding.

not to sure about the new cleaning gal. she was very late yesterday, said last job had more for her to do than usual. then the belt broke on her vacuum cleaner. so supposed to be here a half an hour ago. but she is doing a really good job for not as much money as she usually gets. we will see. makes me nuts! people are never on time anymore, it seems.

Had a really c..... Day!
Some man came to my front door early this morning and just laid on the door bell. I mean he wouldn't stop ringing it. I looked out the window to see who was there. Didn't recognized him at all. Saw no car, truck anything parked out front. The way he wouldn't stop ringing the door bell I wasn't about to just open the door. There has been a few home invasions here lately, that it's just not a good idea to do so.

I asked who is it? He answered in Spanish, said a few things. I still wasn't going to open that door.I especially didn't like the tone of my dogs bark. I told him that I didn't speak Spanish. He said in English ok, thanks. I watched him walk away and up the street.
I went back to making my husbands lunch.

Hubby came flying into the kitchen demanding to know who was ringing the door bell like that!? I tried to tell him that I didn't know, didn't recognize the person, refused to open the door. I could barely tell him that, he kept raising his hand up to shush me, cutting me off. That ticked me off! He asked!
I know he was mad at being woke up like that. Anyone would be, especially me.

Hubby was tired, so I let him have his rant. When he was still in that mood, but seeing the errors of his ways, his tone didn't change. Line of questioning didn't. What are you making that smells good? I gave him a matter of fact, direct answers.Trust me it took everything I had to keep my mouth shut without going nuclear on him!
He went back to bed for a few hours.

When he got up he met Mrs Freeze.. Not good. His mood had considerably changed. Asked you in a bad mood? No Dear just working. Did you want anything? Ignored him until he remembered his wrong doing. He did apologize. Explained that he didn't like being woke up like that. Which I did say I knew and that's the only reason why your still alive to eat the lunch I got up to make YOU!

As soon as he left for work I went out to the back yard and cut up 2 trees that were knocked down by the high winds a few days ago.

I think he's going to be stopping on is way home to buy me " Making up flowers".

Ok, my rant is over. Tuckered out. Had my mental and physical workout for the day.

Dang it!!! It happened again. I was looking for a pronunciation on the Free Dictionary and got caught with an audio spam. I'm upset that my virus protection didn't catch it.

Now, I've got to restore to an earlier time. I HATE it when that happens. Grrrrr@!!!!

I was trying to get the correct pronunciation of a word in Free Dictionary. It wasn't working, at first. Finally got it to pronounce the word for me, don't ask me how, but it finally worked.

Suddenly, I was hearing some kind of junk, kind of like a commercial. There was no way to turn it off. It happened once before. It's scary when it happens because you have no way to turn it off.

The McAfee Virus protection didn't catch it either.

Now that I used the system restore, McAfee is telling me I'm vulnerable. The reason that happens is because it doesn't have the latest updates, and I can't get it to check for updates.

The only way around that is to turn on Windows Defender. The McAfee will eventually get it's new updates (whenever it gets DG&R) and will be back in action again, but I will have remember to turn Windows Defender off so that I'm not running two virus protection programs at the same time which is a no no.

I'm not a happy camper right now. It's a good thing you can't hear the @#$@!#$@#$#%%^^*** going on in my head.

What a PITA!

Last edited:
Have you ever tried to use the Ctl, Alt and Del all at the same time to shut down your computer? Press all three keys at the same time. It allows you to reboot. And it stops the spam in its tracks.

I have the Norton Security and it catches everything. And it is constantly updating. Sometimes too much. I have to stop what I am doing so they can reboot for me. Drives me crazy. :huh:

No, Addie, I can't remember the last time I used Ctrl, Alt, Del. Certainly not on my laptops, past or present.

I'll try that (if I can possibly remember). It's hard when suddenly your computer goes nuts on you.

I do like the System Restore. It leaves my files alone, and just goes back to an earlier date, removing any programs that were added in the last couple of days, and any of the junk that often comes with those programs. I feel more secure knowing that they are no longer there.

Of course, there are a few glitches that go with that, but I'm used to the rigamarole that I have to do. Kind of like my printer. It has a habit of deciding not to print, just makes noises and pretends it will print. It feels like a magician's spell to get it to print, but I know the routine by heart, and it WILL print when it do the proper spell!

Thanks for the tip, Addie.

Back
Top Bottom