Prayers For My SIL Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
Hubby just called & told me that our SIL is in the hospital. She is expecting her 3rd baby, has been on complete bed rest for the last few weeks, & she started having some problems last night. She is due in early Sept. but they had a C-section planned for Aug. 24. Right now, I don't know if they are going to go ahead & take the baby or not, but chances are that they will.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Crewsk.
My great niece was born 5 months too early, she weighed 1lb and 8oz.
She went through heart surgery, both lungs collapsing and I don't remember how many blood transfusions, she is now 7 years old and honery as you know what!!
My youngest was premature by 5 weeks weighing 4lbs 13oz. The only thing that he needed was to be in an incubator for 2 weeks to maintain body temp.
Babies are very reselient{sp} They dumbfound the best of doctors. The baby will be perfect and you will all be holding a perfect little bundle!

I went through an experience like hers and it was a very scary time in our lives. My heart and prayers go out to her and your family. Please keep us posted.

I hope everything works out well Crewsk. I am confident it will. It is amazing what they can do with pregnancies these days! My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family!!!

I wouldn't be as worried if her first 2 had been normal pregnancies. She had a hard time with both of those & even though they were only born a couple of weeks early, we almost lost her & the babies both times.

Texasgirl, Savannah was born 2 1/2 months early & weighed 2lbs 10oz. She had 2 blood transfusions & was in the hospital about 2 1/2 months. So, I know the feeling, even though the situations were diffrent. It's nerve racking & you just don't know what to do with yourself. Savannah's 5 now & she can be as mean as a snake & then 2 seconds later turn around & be as sweet as sugar. It's amazing what the docs can do now.

Thank you all for your thoughts & prayers, I appriciate it & I know my SIL will too!

Thanks Andy & Sandy! I just found out that they will be taking the baby at 1:00 this afternoon. I'm excited & scared at the same time! This will be the 9th time I've become an aunt but it's just as wonderful as the 1st!:)

Prayers and thoughts for mommy and baby and for the whole family. Hugs to all of you...May they both be safe.

kadesma

Prayers and hugs all around. Go get that goody basket filled up to take to the new mom. It will keep you busy, and your thoughts positive.

The family has my prayers too. I couldn't imagine going through that, and I pray everyone's fears are calmed and all turns out well.

:) Barbara

Alix, how did you know what I was doing!:LOL: My BIL is an awesome cook but I know with 2 girls already & a new baby boy he won't want to spend time cooking. I'm making them brownies & putting together the stuff for a spaghetti dinner. I've got spaghetti sauce simmering right now & that will go into freezer containers for them to use as needed. Not to mention the basket of baby goodies that I've been collecting for them.

Thanks Barbara! I just recieved an email from my preacher's wife that included the chorus to a song she's singing at churh Sunday & between reading those words & everyones posts here it has really helped calm my fears.

You are all very special people & I am blessed to have you in my life!

LOL crewsk, it is what I would be doing! Send some "pretty stuff" to the new mom too. Some nice hand/face lotion (hospitals are so dry!), nice earrings maybe? I always sent some peppermint tea for anyone who has had a c section too. Helps with the bloating and stuff afterward and the nurses will let you have it.

crewsk said:
Thanks Alix! I was trying to come up with something for her too but for some reason I couldn't think of anything. :huh:

Been there! I now keep a list of things that went over well with new moms.

-trail mix
-lotion
-crossword puzzle book
-thank you cards and nice pen
-mint tea
-cup a soup mix
-chocolates to bribe the nurses with!

Back
Top Bottom