Replying to Lincoln, NE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChadHahn

Cook
I thought that it was better late than never to reply to this old thread.

I haven't lived in Lincoln for sometime but Vincenzo's in the Hay Market is pretty good Italian food. There are some pretty good resturants in and around the Hay Market. Lazlos is a micro brewery with good beer and good food, mostly along the lines of burgers but other fare as well. Buzzard Billy's serves cajun food. Outside of the Hay Market is Misty's steak house. The original is on the eastern side of town but the downtown location is easier to get to from the interstate. It serves a good steak.

There is a growing Hispanic population and a service like Yelp would probably help you find some good small Mexican restaurants.

Chad

When we stopped in Lincoln on our way to Colorado last fall, our hotel was near a food court type place that had really good Thai food. We wanted carry-out and it filled the bill. I'm always looking for food I can't get locally and I was happy with it. Of course small places tend to come and go, I couldn't tell you where it is ... But I loved it.

There is a great pho place called Pho Nguyen on N 27th. The last few times I was in Lincoln I went by and thought it was closed but it has some recent reviews so it must still be still open. It has cheap prices and when I used to eat there years ago it had some of the best pho I have ever had.

There were also some good middle eastern restaurants on N 27th. For some reason Lincoln is a major destination for refugees so there are lots of interesting restaurants.

Chad

Back
Top Bottom