Salmon and avocado starter questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pastaprincess

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone
I was at a wedding this weekend and the starter was a salmon and avocado spiral thingy. It had smoked salmon twirled around salmon, avocado and maybe mayo pâté. I’m not to sure. I was really glad when the guy sitting next to me wasn’t keen on avocado and passed his on to me.
The dish also had a cranberry and balsamic dressing and a tiny salad on the side with greens and strawberries.
I want to attempt this but I’m not to sure what exactly went into the pâté part or how they managed to make it into a perfect spiral. Anybody got a starter recipe that sounds like it could be similar?
Will be much appreciated.
Thanks
PastaPrincess

I think only the chef who made it will know. Darn. But I'll give it a try over the weekend. I'm sure it is avocado, flaked salmon, a bit of lemon juice and a small amount of mayo. Yummy!

Okay well so I tried it! And it didn't come out like I would have hoped...I don't actually think ANY mayo should be invited to the dish. Because it wasn't patte like and I ended up putting them in glasses with finely chopped lettuce and the pieces of smoked salmon twirled around the patte stuff inside the glass. It ended up being a hit...even the men polished theirs.
But I would rather recommend more avo if anyone wants to try it.
CHeers
p

Okay well so I tried it! And it didn't come out like I would have hoped...I don't actually think ANY mayo should be invited to the dish. Because it wasn't patte like and I ended up putting them in glasses with finely chopped lettuce and the pieces of smoked salmon twirled around the patte stuff inside the glass. It ended up being a hit...even the men polished theirs.
But I would rather recommend more avo if anyone wants to try it.
CHeers
p

mmmmm directions please? May make them this weekend hehe

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom