Salvaging Crispy Cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
I made a wonderful mac'n cheese casserole, but I melted and browned cheese on top that neither Shrek or I can eat. Is there anyway I can salvage this or just chalk it up to experience? :(

Pull it off?

I have never made mac and cheese, but I have done this with lasagna before.I just pulled off the burned cheese and added some more cheese and remelted it.If I haden't had extra cheese I guess I would still have taken it off anyway.I personally don't mind cheese a little bit over done.My family however is a differant story and I can't stand the whineing!!!

What I mean is I love the cheese, I want the cheese, but we cannot chew it. Haven't learned to eat with our new dentures, yet.

I't a nice smoked provolone I melted on top. I guess I will just pull it off, puree it and mix it in the reheated dish.

That sounds like a really good idea.I would have never thought of that.I think you may have the answer to your own question.Thanks for the great idea.

That sounds like a really good idea.I would have never thought of that.I think you may have the answer to your own question.Thanks for the great idea.

:LOL:I guess I did!:LOL: Just took me all day to think of it!

Are the dentures new for you? My dad has uppers and lowers and he can chew anything! So with some practice, I bet you two will be able too!

Are the dentures new for you? My dad has uppers and lowers and he can chew anything! So with some practice, I bet you two will be able too!

Very new as in my mouth is still healing. I about choked on a spoon of pudding the other day, couldn't figure out what to do with it once I had it in my mouth. Having to learn how to eat again HAS been good for my diet!:LOL:

Chop it up in a blender or food processor?

Thanks, Bill! I took the topping and broke it up a bit ans stirred it into cream of mushroom sooup, it warmed enough to break it up and added nice flavor to the soup. Then I tossed in some shredded turkey...quite tasty!:)

Back
Top Bottom