Saturday, May 6, 2023, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Paccheri pasta with ramp/pistachio pesto and guanciale.
20230506_181555.jpg

I went to the celebration of the Montreal Danish Club's 100th anniversary. It was held at the Fairmount Queen Elizabeth Hotel in downtown Montreal. This describes the event:
sparkling wine reception with oysters
6:00 PM - second floor of the hotel
7:30 pm in the C2 ROOM
TOP FLOOR OF THE HOTEL

DINNER MENU
Starter:
SALMON TATAKI with radish, cucumber, wakami, ginger glaze
Choice of 2 main dishes :
CREAMY LOBSTER RISOTTO WITH SEARED SCALLOPS
beurre blanc with saffron and lemon confit
OR BLACK ANGUS BEEF FILET MIGNON 10 oz.seared with mushrooms, Migneron cheese, Yukon gold potato mille-feuille, Bordelaise sauce
*Special dietary requirements must be submitted 10 days prior to the event
Dessert
CITRUS TRILOGY
Lemon maca-brest, pure chocolate-calamansi slice, bitter orange quenelle
I had a wonderful time and so did DH. I was enjoying it too much to remember to take photos of the food or anything.

We skipped the raw oysters (snot texture that we don't care for), but enjoyed the bubbly.

The salmon tataki was really good.

We both chose the Angus beef. The food faerie must have been active because, all of the steaks were supposedly cooked the same, no choice of doneness. But, mine was a beautiful medium rare and DH got medium, with no red. He thinks he wants well done. What he wants is no red. I don't really know what the terms describing the dessert mean, but it was delicious.

Wow taxy! what an evening that was for you! (a little jealous here)

Supper was some Chicken Thighs and 'rescued' from the freezer the Mushroom Casserole. Ate the casserole when it came out, :blush: couldn't wait.
then the chicken thighs later - went down very well.:)
20230506_194636.jpg

LOL - just an aside... last time I was at the Queen Elizabeth downtown, I got a tattoo! (I will not say how long ago that was!) LOL the funniest thing was to watch all these these darling blue/white haired sweeties and wearing mink stoles, staring "aghast" at all the leather clad, oiled tattooed bikers walking thru the lobby. LOL good times!

I remember going to the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth during Expo. with my grandmother when I was a teenager!

We didn’t stay there and I don’t think that we even ate there but we did peek into The Beaver Club.

I was fascinated by the train station and the underground shopping.

They must have hated ‘the great unwashed‘ gawkers that paraded through the grand hotel. 🤭

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom