Saturday night dinner, August 19, 2023?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Asian noodle bowl. Craig wanted cellophane noodles so those are on the bottom. From 12 noon clockwise, Asian pork belly slices, baby bok choy, sautéed shiitaki, roasted red bell strips. Bean sprout salad in the middle. Purchased beef stock doctored up with fresh ginger and garlic, star anise, and a clove, with a tiny bit of sesame oil.
20230819_182842.jpg

Had to look Lamejun up. So basically a sort of pizza. Will have to try that.
I understand your calling it a pizza. It's a circle of dough covered with a topping. However, there's no cheese, no tomato sauce. It's a seasoned meat topping.

DH was out for supper with a friend. I experimented with the microwave poaching of an egg. It worked well. Now, I just have to tweak the timing. A whole minute cooked the egg a bit more than I would have preferred. That one was in a Pyrex measuring cup. I did a second egg in a FireKing measuring cup. I only did that one for 50 seconds, but it was cooked even more. I think the slight difference in the shape of the cups might be what made the difference. The FireKing measuring cup is a bit narrower and taller than the Pyrex one.

Anyways, I had those two eggs and a couple of toasted, wholewheat English muffins. In spite of the eggs being a bit overcooked, I enjoyed that supper. I did have to have a snack later. It was couple of pieces of Wasa crisp rye bread with ham.

I assume y'all are familiar with pepper steak? Beef, green peppers, diced tomatoes, soy sauce and a few Italian herbs? Well, eye of round steak was $6.99/lb, and boneless chicken breast was $.99/lb. I made pepper chicken, as opposed to pepper steak. Shredded the chicken, actually. Not as good as pepper steak, but not bad at all.

I posted my Saturday night pizza in another (pizza) thread. It was good but I wanted a crispier crust. Tasted great but the texture wasn't. I'll try again another time.
20230819_225714.jpg
20230819_232910.jpg
20230819_235157.jpg
I assume y'all are familiar with pepper steak? Beef, green peppers, diced tomatoes, soy sauce and a few Italian herbs? Well, eye of round steak was $6.99/lb, and boneless chicken breast was $.99/lb. I made pepper chicken, as opposed to pepper steak. Shredded the chicken, actually. Not as good as pepper steak, but not bad at all.
That's a great price on that chicken!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom