Scary Movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, love Jeepers Creepers, Hostel, The Frist Power, The Exorcisim of Emily Rose, another one I want to see but keeping missing is The Irrefutable Truth about Demons. I also like the American Werewolf in London and Paris. I like em all for the most part!!!

I saw all those except the First Power. And of course I saw the Exorcism..... I love scary movies, and most movies in general, but I can't say that scary movies ever made me afraid, not lately anyway, maybe twenty years ago.
Especially since I've never owned a house with backs on the stairs, they've always had the open steps..... and you just know you're going to feel someone's hands tightening around your ankles one of those nights you are doing a late laundry :shock:
You can cuss me later tonight for that image :LOL:

A pretty good one I saw about a year ago on Dish, and can't remember the name, was one about a girl who was brutally murdered. The whole movie was in flashbacks, with them showing you just a little more and another scene each time. It was really cool the way they did it. More horror than terror, because you knew something else was going on.

Yep, I love them all. Even the parodies.

I saw all those except the First Power. And of course I saw the Exorcism..... I love scary movies, and most movies in general, but I can't say that scary movies ever made me afraid, not lately anyway, maybe twenty years ago.
Especially since I've never owned a house with backs on the stairs, they've always had the open steps..... and you just know you're going to feel someone's hands tightening around your ankles one of those nights you are doing a late laundry :shock:
You can cuss me later tonight for that image :LOL:

A pretty good one I saw about a year ago on Dish, and can't remember the name, was one about a girl who was brutally murdered. The whole movie was in flashbacks, with them showing you just a little more and another scene each time. It was really cool the way they did it. More horror than terror, because you knew something else was going on.

Yep, I love them all. Even the parodies.

LOL!!! I love it!! I like getting the heebie geebies!!! Pacanis, you will have to try and remember the movie... remember who was in it at all?

Oh, here are a few that I loved as a kid... but don't see anymore as they are pretty old.

Horror Express... that one bugged me for a bit and I had trouble sleeping.

Galaxy of Terror was another that was freaky to me.

Geez.... I am feeling horror deprived. I never heard of those two either.

I'll do my best to remember if someone doesn't do it for me. It had a bunch of nobodies in it. Kind of made along independent (cheap) lines.

Off to IMDB to do a couple searches.

:) I liked The Hills Have Eyes I hated the second one. I liked Shaun of the Dead pretty funny. Still Vampire movies are my fave. Anyone watching the HBO series True Blood? I wish they would just show the whole thing rather than one hour every week.

Thanks pacanis... I got that one down on my list 'to see'.

I have been a horror film junkie for a long time. Obviously. If you ever get a chance to see the two older ones I mentioned, they are really good in my opinion. Specially when it comes to weird stuff.

Shaun of the Dead was great!!! I also like the Grindhouse movies. I have been trying to watch True Blood, don't see anything scary about it, I get more of a kick out of the characters than anything, but as a vamp/horror show, it has yet to intrigue me.

The one that terrified me as a kid (I'm aging myself here) was The Wax Museum. I had nightmares for years after that. Now I look at it and laugh, but it sure scared the living daylights out of me as a kid.

Wrong Turn was also pretty good.

Oooh... I love horror movies but I haven't seen this one... I did see a little of Wrong Turn 2 and it looked pretty bad!
I'll have to give the first one a chance I think :)

I like the old ones... THE BAD SEED, THE WAX MUSEUM, WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE ones like that... Vincent Price was great even his voice was scary.

The new ones are too bloody and silly for me.

Loved the SHINNING with Jack Nickleson. I read the book first so I should have known but it still scared the heck out of me.

Trish, you picked some good ones! Wait Until Dark, too!

I prefer suspense to horror, although The Ring was the scariest movie I've seen in the last 25 years or so.

A wonderful suspense movie is Dead Calm. Had me pacing the living room.

Lee

I prefer suspense to horror, although The Ring was the scariest movie I've seen in the last 25 years or so.

A wonderful suspense movie is Dead Calm. Had me pacing the living room.

Lee

Have you seen the original Japanese version of The Ring? I thought it was even creepier.

Dead Calm was also excellent. That's about the couple on the boat?

Is that the one with Nicole Kidman?
It's the only movie that hubby has ever commanded me NOT to watch.

No, roadfix, I have not seen the Japanese version of The Ring, although I've heard it was excellent.

Trish, if you are referring to Dead Calm with your question, yes, Nicole Kidman was in it, along with Sam Neill and Billy Zane. I assume that your husband thought it was as nerve-wracking as I did???

Lee

Roadfix, THAT move STILL scares the beejesus outta me!!!!
I have NEVER seen that movie.

My favorite scary movie is The Lost Boys. The great thing about that movie is that you never actually see them as vampires until half way through the movie. The horror is subtle and I love that about the movie.,

I have NEVER seen that movie.

My favorite scary movie is The Lost Boys. The great thing about that movie is that you never actually see them as vampires until half way through the movie. The horror is subtle and I love that about the movie.,

:) I also like that one, my favorites are the first John Carpenter's Vampires the second one was OK. I love, love, love Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula Gary Oldman kicked butt in that one.

I love The Lost Boys, but I never considered it a horror movie. I don't know why... it's about vampires so probably is a horror movie. Maybe too much comedy mixed in? Great movie. I loved the twist it put on "modern day" vampires. I don't remember vampires being portrayed that way before.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom