Seeking help pan frying lamb arm chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dawgluver said:
I would certainly think so.

Glad to hear that! That was the only cast iron press they had at Bed Bath & Beyond, which is the most convenient place for me to shop for cookware.

Update: The Emeril bacon press worked really well. The shoulder chop stayed flat and cooked evenly.

However, I'm having a challenge with the complex instructions for maintaining the seasoning on the press. Is there an easy way to do it? They're recommending coating it with oil after cleaning it and putting it in the oven each time. Too much work for me! Maybe I need to get a press that's not cast iron?

kitchengoddess8 said:
Update: The Emeril bacon press worked really well. The shoulder chop stayed flat and cooked evenly.

However, I'm having a challenge with the complex instructions for maintaining the seasoning on the press. Is there an easy way to do it? They're recommending coating it with oil after cleaning it and putting it in the oven each time. Too much work for me! Maybe I need to get a press that's not cast iron?

Meh. Wipe it off with a with a paper towel if it's got crud on it, and put it away, if no crud, don't worry about it. I store all my CI in the oven. When I preheat for other stuff, the CI is already in there, and I leave it there.

No worries!

Dawgluver said:
Meh. Wipe it off with a with a paper towel if it's got crud on it, and put it away, if no crud, don't worry about it. I store all my CI in the oven. When I preheat for other stuff, the CI is already in there, and I leave it there.

No worries!

So it's best not to use any soap on it, right? I have very little experience with cast iron.

kitchengoddess8 said:
So it's best not to use any soap on it, right? I have very little experience with cast iron.

If you use soap, rinse well and dry VERY well. Then smear it with oil. And it wouldn't hurt to bake it, though you don't have to. With your press, you shouldn't need soap or water, just wipe it off with a paper towel. Leftover grease is your friend!

If you use soap, rinse well and dry VERY well. Then smear it with oil. And it wouldn't hurt to bake it, though you don't have to. With your press, you shouldn't need soap or water, just wipe it off with a paper towel. Leftover grease is your friend!
+1

Dawgluver said:

I'm confused about how leaving grease on it could okay. Isn't the grease a hotbed for bacteria?

Back
Top Bottom