Simple and simply great

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Take one butterflied pork loin chop, boneless (gasp! Goodweed's cooking meat without a bone!), and sprinkle one side with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, and granulated garlic powder. Stab all over with a fork. Flip the chop and sprinkle on salt, black pepper, and turmeric. Stab all over with a fork. Cook in a lightly oiled pan until the juices begin to run on top. Flip and cook for three more minutes. Remove from heat and serve hot.

I used this seasoning combination tonight as it just sounded good. The chops came out juicy, tender, and tasted great. The seasonings did not hide the pork flavor, but complimented it. Pork works so well with so many flavors.:chef:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I was planning a pork chop meal for the next night DH is off. I have copied and pasted and will give this a try! Thanks, GW. By the way, I made your sloppy Joes last week. They are becoming a staple around here!

GW, I was just wondering why you poke the holes in the pork?

I used to do that with steak years ago (to get the flavoring inside of the meat), but when I learned that it causes juices to drain during cooking I stopped doing it.

If you pierce the meat before it meets the heat and then rub seasonings into it, it will get some of that seasoning into the meat and will not let juices escape. It is only when you pierce it during cooking or before letting the meat rest that you run that risk.

Hope that helps!

I was planning a pork chop meal for the next night DH is off. I have copied and pasted and will give this a try! Thanks, GW. By the way, I made your sloppy Joes last week. They are becoming a staple around here!

I've gotten that from others on DC. Glad you like them.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

If you pierce the meat before it meets the heat and then rub seasonings into it, it will get some of that seasoning into the meat and will not let juices escape. It is only when you pierce it during cooking or before letting the meat rest that you run that risk.

Hope that helps!

Yes, that does help! I may go back to doing that!:)

Back
Top Bottom