The Proverbial Fruitcake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kansasgirl

Senior Cook
This is always something I never quite understand. I love fruitcake! Of course I like the 'real' kind with real fruit and nuts, not the awful colored plastic bits that adorn some of the less fortunate cakes. I think they can really be great cakes, perfect when slightly toasted with a bit of butter.

AM I THE ONLY ONE? DOES ANYONE ELSE LIKE FRUITCAKE? AM I THE FRUITCAKE FOR LIKING THEM?

Each year I make at least one traditional British christmas cake... Each year I give away most of it as none of my immediate family enjoy more than one small slice! I make one for Christmas and one for Hogmanay - and a few slices may be eaten... but people prefer the black bun that we make for Hogmanay, rather than the cake.

Now, can anyone explain WHY I still keep making the d amned things at the beginning of November, 'feeding' it brandy, marzipan it, ice it and decorate it? 8)

kleenex said:
paperweight time :twisted:

Love those flowers, I put mine in water & rocks about two weeks ago and they are 2 feet high now. But they were put away from last year and I do not know if they are going to bloom or not. I also put the hyacinth in water/rocks and it s about an inch tall. I am waiting for a couple of weeks before planting my crocus, iris and tulips outside.

As far as the fruit cake goes, I have never had one I liked. WHen I was a child I would pick out the fruit, dump it and eat what little cake there was, now from reading here I know why. That fruit was plastic.

wasabi said:
My Mom is the only one in Hawaii that likes fruitcake :LOL:

I'm deeply sorry Wasabi that no one loves you in Hawaii, except your mom. Well that's what moms are for.

We all love you here though, fruitcake or not. :LOL: :LOL:
animhearts8bc.gif

:cry: In the words of the Coasters "Why's everbody always pickin on me?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom