Thinking of finally getting a Weber. Is this a good one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jm88

Assistant Cook
For the last 10 years, I have had a couple of Char Broil grills. The first one lasted about 5 years before some rust set in and was falling apart. I have an infrared one now with the trough below the grates and it was nice at first but I keep having to replace that trough and for some reason I can never get those grates fully clean. I have been on the fence about getting another gas grill or a pellet smoker, but most of the time I just quickly cook burgers, steaks chicken, or salmon. I do occasionally make ribs or a whole chicken and would love to have a smoker for that and maybe start doing more meats, but I do the burgers and steaks the most so I don't know how well a smoker only would be for that. Maybe I would need two grills eventually.
Anyways, I was thinking maybe this summer to get a Weber Genesis with the 3 burners plus the sear station with the enclosed box just because I think it looks nicer to store tools and stuff under it than the open and I thought the sear burner might be nice. I wouldn't want the stainless because I think they are harder to keep looking nice so the black ones I believe are around $900 (I want the natural gas). Anyways, I just was looking around and noticed one store has what I believe is the Genesis II E-310 (It says Weber Genesis II 66010001) with the open bottom, 3 burners only, porcelain coated iron grates, folding side table and it says the regular price is $699 but it is selling for $400 for some reason. They also list one that says E-310 (Model 6600000) which is also $400 and says the regular prices is $799 but I can't tell the difference. These are on the website so maybe I will stop by the store. I wasn't really wanting to get one now, and maybe that was not the exact one I was thinking of for later, but for more than half the price, I think I can live without the closed cabinet and the sear burner (and the side burner which I never use anyways). Are the porcelain coated iron grates better than stainless? Are they easy to clean and last long? What do you guys think? Is this a good idea?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom