Thursday, February 16, 2023 what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Tuna steaks, Asian vegetable medley, sticky rice.
20230216_180557.jpg

It was a grocery day, so the usual: leftovers!

I'm going to make a Bacon & Deviled Egg Salad that I saw on a Restaurant Impossible show. I've not made it before and it sounds good, but I'll skip the okra. Maybe I'll try artichoke hearts or....??
That looks pretty! Artichokes might work. I never have them on hand, so I would probably toss in some olives - green ones, or maybe Kalamata. I Love Oloves! :wub:

I tried two new-to-me Danish recipes today. One was for no-knead spelt buns and the other was for ground beef casserole with a potato lid. I did make a few changes to that casserole. I used up the last of DH's vegan pasta sauce, instead of using canned, chopped, tomatoes. I used only red bell pepper, because I didn't have any green. Because of a recommendation from one commenter, I added garlic, doubled the thyme, and added a mild chile pepper. It was delicious. It's a keeper, but there will be further changes. I had planned on making a salad, but ran out of time. It was filling enough that we have a small amount of leftovers.

Attachments

• Ground Beef Casserole with a Potato Lid and Spelt Buns.jpg
    Ground Beef Casserole with a Potato Lid and Spelt Buns.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Ground Beef Casserole with a Potato Lid and Spelt Buns, table.jpg
    Ground Beef Casserole with a Potato Lid and Spelt Buns, table.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 3
I'm going to make a Bacon & Deviled Egg Salad that I saw on a Restaurant Impossible show. I've not made it before and it sounds good, but I'll skip the okra. Maybe I'll try artichoke hearts or....??

It was very good. For future, I think I would use a different version of pickled red onions (minus the honey & sugar), and a different dressing (something with a few herbs, etc)...but, all in all, it was a nice meal salad.
IMG_7064 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom