Tuesday's Dinner - 6/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Grilled Ham Steak, Bruce's "Yams", Steamed Sprouts...

Ham Steak, Sweets, Sprouts 6-14-22.jpg

Today is Tuesday, so it's Lufa Farms (produce+) basket delivery, so I prepped supper last night. All I had to do today was put it in the oven. It was Italian sausages and vegis baked en papillote. The vegis were purple carrots, shallots, garlic, celeriac, and fingerling potatoes. It's not a spectacular meal, but quite tasty and very easy. I was surprised by just how good the celeriac turned out, and I already like celeriac. The hot Italian sausages went on top and flavoured most of the vegis nicely. Other flavourings were hot smoked paprika, EVOO, fresh basil leaves, fresh rosemary, and of course, salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Sausages and vegis baked en papillote.jpg Sausage and vegis baked en papillote.jpg

I like to have a bag of smaller (20-30 count) scallops in the freezer. Since they're on sale this week, I figured today would be a good day to use my bag. I made two, two-serving Le Creuset gratin dishes of Ina Garten's Easy Coquilles St. Jacques. Sides were a packaged rice mix I ran across in my pantry, and asparagus sauteed in a bit of butter and water. Himself had his token asparagus spear, then finished the leftover green beans from last night.

IMG_20220614_212500731.jpgIMG_20220614_213114817.jpg

BTW, it might say easy, but it isn't quick. Lots of little piddly steps to make all this goodness. It was, however, a "Kiss the Cook" meal.

Last edited:
All of the above posts look so very tasty. We have some really goo cooks on DC.

We had our Father's Day meal tonight, as my son, and DIL are flying to Hawaii Friday morning. we had Parker House rolls, Roasted Cornish Game Hens, and steamed green beans. It was all so tasty. Sorry, no pictures available.

I was only able to eat half of my game hen. The other half will make a great lunch.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

mr bliss had vegan turkey roast (homemade), with potatoes, corn, and mushroom gravy, again. I had a cold kidney bean and onion salad with vinegar and mustard dressing. Dessert was oatmeal fruit balls with apricot pieces.

Back
Top Bottom