What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TinLizzie and PrincessFiona i'm totally with u on that! And i dont understand ppl who get annoyed with the ppl who easily get amused! :)

Count me in. People who get annoyed have little sense of humor and/or they are the kind of people who can't stand to see someone happy. Watch out for those, they will do anything to make others as miserable as they are.

I am going to try out Ghirardelli Chocolate Walnut Brownies. The mix was on sale at Thanksgiving. I usually make them from scratch, but the box was calling my name as I walked by.;)

If I'm gonna use a mix, it will be the Ghiradelli mix. I bake from scratch otherwise, but the Ghiradelli are excellent.

I made these

Garam Masala-Chocolate Gingerbread Recipe : Aarti Sequeira : Food Network

They were good, and spicy. If you are a big fan of ginger these are for you. I opted for the chocolate glaze. The glaze is excellent, would be wonderful for donuts or bundt cakes, a great consistency.

SG1L3678.JPG

can't bake anything . kitchen sink stopped up. (rooter) is coming. i am going to the dr. this afternoon. the gentleman that drives me still deserves a treat. so using micro, i made some eagle brand fudge. milk choco, with pecan and toffee chips.

that should do it, don't u think.

Man oh Man. If that doesn't do it, you might consider looking for another gentleman. :)

Re what I baked today: I was tasked (what a stupid verb) with making a batch of cookies for my DIL to take to her office -- I volunteered. I ended up making an old recipe for apple coffee cake instead. I haven't made it in years. Two issues: #1, it called for 4 apples, chopped. I swear they don't make regular size apples any more -- they're huge! I found some Granny Smiths at the grocery described as "Disney Mini's" that were the size of apples they used to sell. #2, While the end result was yummy, it's too gooey to cut into squares (as I intended) which might be a problem at an office. So I don't know if this will work or whether I'll be baking again tomorrow to get it right.

Man oh Man. If that doesn't do it, you might consider looking for another gentleman. :)

Re what I baked today: I was tasked (what a stupid verb) with making a batch of cookies for my DIL to take to her office -- I volunteered. I ended up making an old recipe for apple coffee cake instead. I haven't made it in years. Two issues: #1, it called for 4 apples, chopped. I swear they don't make regular size apples any more -- they're huge! I found some Granny Smiths at the grocery described as "Disney Mini's" that were the size of apples they used to sell. #2, While the end result was yummy, it's too gooey to cut into squares (as I intended) which might be a problem at an office. So I don't know if this will work or whether I'll be baking again tomorrow to get it right.

Send along paper plates and plastic forks, it will get taken care of, guaranteed!:)

not sure if nuts and bolts is baking. still gonna make this afternoon. will give to my son and my grandson. snacks for football watching. i just love that i have the energy for this kind of thing after a year of being ill.

Made Lasagne today for dinner.I actually tried a new recipe from allrecipes,different from our usual regular lasagne.This one was without tomato sauce.Its called white lasagne and i have to say it was sooo much better,tasted creamier and richer,i think i'm gonna be making a lot of this recipe...

big baking plans for today. alas, i don't feel well. think i am getting the cold that has gone through rest of family. don't know how i get sick when i haven't left the house for a week. if i feel better will make some pumpkin muffins to have for breakfast.

Baked a batch of Russian Tea Cakes, aka lots of other names, I think, Mexican Wedding Cakes for one. You know -- those flour/sugar/nuts & butter rolled in balls, baked, then rolled in powdered sugar after baking.

Thanks, Princess, for the office-eaters suggestion -- with plates & forks, the gooey apple coffee cake went over like gangbusters.

Right now I'm making coconut macaroons, and I'm going to immerse them in bittersweet chocolate.

big baking plans for today. alas, i don't feel well. think i am getting the cold that has gone through rest of family. don't know how i get sick when i haven't left the house for a week. if i feel better will make some pumpkin muffins to have for breakfast.

Stay warm and lots of liquids! Don't you go getting sick on me. Who else would I have to laugh at my silly jokes???:)

Baked a batch of Russian Tea Cakes, aka lots of other names, I think, Mexican Wedding Cakes for one. You know -- those flour/sugar/nuts & butter rolled in balls, baked, then rolled in powdered sugar after baking.

Thanks, Princess, for the office-eaters suggestion -- with plates & forks, the gooey apple coffee cake went over like gangbusters.

Us office/work-eaters will eat anything you bring...I've been know to use a tongue depressor as a utensil when there are no forks or spoons.:) Glad it worked out!

Baked a cherry pie yesterday if that counts. Next week I have to make a dessert for my husband's work party - I have a gingerbread mix that has a cream cheese/whipped topping, topping - that's what he's getting.

Tried a new recipe of savory rolls today,made herb-chili-garlic yeast rolls and omg omg omg they are unbelievably delcious eaten with an extra pat of butter and a cup of tea.Also made coconut sponge bars which kids are scarfing down right now.:chef:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom