Whatcha eatin'? 2/13/2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Have a hankering for spaghetti. I located some pepperoni in the fridge that I diced, and it is currently simmering with onions, tomato sauce, and a bunch of herbs.

What's on your plate?

Today I am making 5lbs of venison jerky and 10lbs of venison bratwurst. The brots I did 3 ways plain, cheese, and cheese spinach and jalapeño. I also have some dough rising for buns.
The jerky is in the dehydrator. the meat for the brots is seasoned, waiting for my stepson to show up to help stuff them. If he gets here early enough they will be supper.

The fresh cod I bought yesterday, along with various veggies. Which ones and how I'll cook them is still to be determined. Details (and, maybe, a photo) later.

Patio is clear, but no grilling tonight. Temperature is 13 F, quickly heading south, and the wind is kicking up. Brrrrr!!!

Rocklobster's pork medallions in mushroom cream sauce, egg noodles, and a veggie medley.

Our moving process will mostly occupy our weekends until the 29th, so we are making meals that can be reheated for during the week and having easy stuff over the weekend. Tonight it will be chili.:yum:

Pasta Carbonara

img_1455471_0_cc62d25bb21d42537fc2d5a62edee23a.jpg

The SC got us take out from the Greek restaurant. They do killer big Gyro's, and I ate mine without the pita. Deeeeeeelish!!!

PPO, I'm trying to figure out that Pasta Carbonora, but it's sure pretty.

Last edited:
The SC got us take out from the Greek restaurant. They do killer big Gyro's, and I ate mine without the pita. Deeeeeeelish!!!

PPO, I'm trying to figure out that Pasta Carbonora, but it's sure pretty.

The sauce is real simple. 3 very fresh egg yolks, 1 oz freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano and black pepper mixed up. Add the cooked and drained pasta to the eggs while stirring then add the Speck (Instead of bacon I used Italian Speck) with some of the rendered fat. And serve.

The sauce is real simple. 3 very fresh egg yolks, 1 oz freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano and black pepper mixed up. Add the cooked and drained pasta to the eggs while stirring then add the Speck (Instead of bacon I used Italian Speck) with some of the rendered fat. And serve.

Your use of speck is a twist. Have you tried this dish with guanciale or pancetta?

Your use of speck is a twist. Have you tried this dish with guanciale or pancetta?

Pancetta yes, Guanciale no I was going to order some for the video but just shipping was $30. It was kind of hard to justify. So I went with what I had from a large order that I had done with igourmet.

Joey, you have too much fun playing with your food. ;) I think it's a very nice pizza, however.

...They do killer big Gyro's, and I ate mine without the pita...
Without the pita? Oh Kayelle, that would be such a P.I.T.A. to me. :mrgreen: Good on you for sticking with this low carb eating, though. You are a stronger woman than I am.

Dinner ended up being baked cod with lemon and capers, roasted cauliflower and broccoli, mashed roasted butternut squash, and lightly blanched asparagus. Call it an early Valentine's dinner, 'cuz I'm not cooking like this again tomorrow! :LOL:

Attachments

• 2016-02-13 20.51.05.jpg
    2016-02-13 20.51.05.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 127
Pancetta yes, Guanciale no I was going to order some for the video but just shipping was $30. It was kind of hard to justify. So I went with what I had from a large order that I had done with igourmet.

I use either pancetta or bacon but it's usually a dish for one as SO doesn't care for it.

Take out pizza. And I wasn't too fond of it. The sauce was too sweet. It wasn't from Santarpios. The only pizza I really like. I always get it with mushrooms. Pirate has his half with pepperoni.

Well, I didn't pay for it, so I just kept my mouth shut and ate one piece. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom