What's for Dinner, Saturday, December 5th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yes soup!!! Thanks for reminding me - bought all the ingredients for tomato bisque last week and looked in my fridge thinking "now why did I buy that?" haha. Now I remember :) tomato bisque it is for tonight! or maybe for lunch!

Oh yes soup!!! Thanks for reminding me - bought all the ingredients for tomato bisque last week and looked in my fridge thinking "now why did I buy that?" haha. Now I remember :) tomato bisque it is for tonight! or maybe for lunch!
YUM! That sounds very good! Make sure to have some crusty bread with that.... or garlic bread!

i'm with an allergy to tigs, so i'm stuffy & food is kinda bland when you're stuffy. so food with plenty of flavor. sketti with rd. sauce? spicy asian?

YUM! That sounds very good! Make sure to have some crusty bread with that.... or garlic bread!

I ended up having it for lunch. OH so good. Had it with chicken salad sandwhiches though, which were also good but what it really needed was a nice big fat grilled cheese on italian bread to go with it... yeeeeah.

*mental note for cheese and more bread at the store for soup leftovers, which there are plenty of*

If anyone is interested, I make it with a 28 oz can of muir glen organic crushed tomatoes w/ basil (these ones are nice and chunky) and put in a couple of heaping tablespoons of sundried tomato spread, minced garlic, chicken stock to thin, light brown sugar to taste, salt/pepper to taste, and heavy whipping cream til its a nice orange color...

ugh, I need some grilled cheese *now*.. :chef:
and perhaps I will repost this in a soup thread for all to enjoy? :)

baby back ribs (just put a dry "rub" on them, pepper, onion pwd, garlic pwd, smoked paprika, chili pwd, ground cumin, and something called "cajun seasoning" aka seasoning salt)
baked beans, have them simmering now to start, have some leftover ham stock to use up
cornbread

Salmon with a marinade of fresh ginger, soy sauce, lemon juice, orange juice, Dijon mustard, scallions, etc. Served with brown rice and green beans.

still working on my homemade pizza recipe. better this time. still need to tweak it. i used tomato paste, added water, italian seasoning, bit of sugar, garlic salt, and crushed red pepper for sauce. cheese ad pepperoni. i precooked crust for ten min. so crust was not soggy
need more seasonings in sauce. otherwise just great.

awww, my, i wouldv'e taken yins to dinner tonite if i could have! EXCELLENT food!we went to a newer restaurant. salad bar, 6 or more kinds of soup, including clam chowder, wonton, beef dumpling, & seafood soups, squid, octopus, 2 kinds of clams, 2 kinds of crab, 2 kinds of mussels, stir-fries, rice, lo mein noodles, rice noodles, pizza!, veggie lasagna, sushi, sashimi, sauteed frog, chix ft., beef tenderloin, a hibachi grill with steaks & an assortment of other ingredients, sausage, a fruit bar, ice creams, smashed potatoes, i went thru several lates. puddings, sooooo many types of food, mainly Aisan foods, though, & i was quite impressed. was great, since although it was packed, the lines went right along. 'course i didn't get to consume too, too much of that stuff, though. frog was great, crab was delish. soup was too spicy, though thier chowder was yummy.
& only $20/person! great dinner. we're returning very soon.

Back
Top Bottom