Friday, December 22, 2023, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Winn Dixie had young turkey breasts on sale for $1.99 last week. Craig had been wanting to smoke a turkey, but I don't like it enough to do a whole turkey. It came out absolutely perfect this time. Medium smoke and very moist. Leftovers for smoked turkey and wild rice soup, plus a few other dishes. He made my plate and he loves dressing so got a little heavy handed on that. A sort of deconstructed green bean casserole side.
20231222_175513.jpg

Friday night's supper was a pork tenderloin roulade with apple and prunes. I made a sauce with the braising liquid, a bit of Dijon, Worcestershire, and cream. It was quite good. I served it with roasted sunroots (Jerusalem fartichokes), pan roasted conehead cabbage, and rødkål. We had Cordoniu, a Spanish bubbly of the Cava type. We ate too much. Very enjoyable supper.
Pork roulade, rødkål, spidskål, sunroots.jpg
Pork roulade, rødkål, sunroots, spidskål cropped.jpg

Being that I had a ton of stuff to do (Christmas stuff, making treats, dishes to wash, etc) and cooking dinner wasn't on my radar, my son and I ordered pizza and subs last night. I only ate half of my sub, so the other half will be tonight's dinner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom