What's for dinner? Sunday, 12-20-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I think I'm going to order out for dinner. I've been fiddlin' around in the kitchen most of the day, and don't want to be in there anymore. :LOL: I was thinking about Chinese, but I just remembered they don't deliver on Sundays. So I'm thinking either a medium thin crust artichoke, olive oil and mozzarella pizza, or a taco salad. Both sound good. Decisions, decisions....:)

What's everyone having this evening? :chef:

I just pan fried some sea bass fillets with some baby tomatoes (the acidity goes well with the fish) - and had it inside a small crusty baguette. I didn't get round to making a salad with it, which I would have preferred doing.

I cooked a brined chicken in the rotisserie, had a fresh spinach salad with a warm feta vinaigrette, roasted potatoes, and a steamed veggie medley (asparagus, snap peas, onions, garlic and mushrooms).

We had Taco Chicken Salads on romaine, with black beans (Dx likes these best),some thin sliced veggies, avocado and taco seasoned sour cream I had catalina French dressing and she had Herdez salsa.

Well, I'm playing around with another recipe. I'm calling it "Mexican Crustless Nacho Pot Pies"

His topping will be home fried crumbled corn tortilla chips, and mine will have Mission brand Chicharrones.

Glorified salads is all we'll need.

We had a few friends over for dinner. Shrimp and corn gumbo, a green salad, and a loaf of dutch oven rosemary and olive oil bread. My wife made a chocolate mousse for dessert.

The gumbo is such a good entertaining dinner, as pretty much everything is done in advance.

Well, I'm playing around with another recipe. I'm calling it "Mexican Crustless Nacho Pot Pies"

His topping will be home fried crumbled corn tortilla chips, and mine will have Mission brand Chicharrones.

Glorified salads is all we'll need.

Believe it or not, I am still picking tomatoes from my one plant. It is 7 feet high and 4 feet across!:ohmy:

I made meat balls. I would have liked to have served it potatoes, but I didn't have enough spoons to peel potatoes, etc., so I nuked some brown basmati rice I was going to make a tossed salad, but by the time I had put the meat balls in the oven, I had completely run out of spoons, so I heated a Tasty Bites Kashmir Spinach for the veg. We hadn't tried that before and won't be buying it again. Not awful, but we didn't much like it.

I made pork chile verde today, with chile peppers and tomatillos from the freezer and cilantro from the garden. Served it over rice with lime juice, mozzarella cheese and tortilla strips. It was so good, I had a second helping :yum: And the flavor base looked so good I had to take a picture :LOL:

Attachments

• 1450674243063.jpg
    1450674243063.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 1450674270772.jpg
    1450674270772.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 1450674287082.jpg
    1450674287082.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 1450674303282.jpg
    1450674303282.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 1450674332365.jpg
    1450674332365.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 1450674347156.jpg
    1450674347156.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 122
Roasted up a juicy petite sirloin roast last night. Tonight I'm breaking out my Krups plastic meat slicer for the first time to shave the leftover roast into thin slices for Au Ju and french fries and coleslaw. So what if it's plastic and kinda cheaply made. It's foldable for storage. Krups no longer makes these, but I got one new, unused off eBay for $56 shipping included. It replaces my similar Krups that's at least 30 years old. The blade got dull, couldn't find a replacement. I love it! :)

krups.jpg

Last edited:
Roasted up a juicy petite sirloin roast last night. Tonight I'm breaking out my Krups plastic meat slicer for the first time to shave the leftover roast into thin slices for Au Ju and french fries and coleslaw. So what if it's plastic and kinda cheaply made. It's foldable for storage. Krups no longer makes these, but I got one new, unused off eBay for $56 shipping included. It replaces my similar Krups that's at least 30 years old. The blade got dull, couldn't find a replacement. I love it! :)

krups.jpg
Oh man, I would love to have a foldable meat slicer. I could use a meat slicer, but I just don't have the space for a kitchen toy small appliance that big.

I too don't have a lot of extra kitchen storage space. The 2 parts that slide on the fold out tray are themselves foldable, which is kinda neat. I found a cabinet to store it in. That plastic tray clips onto the back to catch the sliced meat.

krups1.jpg

Last edited:
Since we ran out of leftovers yesterday, Himself did a food run today. We both had more than enough carbs finishing up bread-as-toast, so no pizza. Instead, he got a 12-count order of Broasted chicken and an order of Jo-Jo potatoes. I also nuked up a half-bag of frozen peas. We have 5 pieces of chicken left that we can nibble on somewhere between home and OH, although I'm also taking 3 sandwiches for Road Food. IF we end up driving straight through (625 miles, about 11 hours if I'm not always requesting a pit stop :ermm: :ohmy: ), we can always heat the chicken at Loverly's home. Good thing she isn't working either Monday or Tuesday!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom