What's for dinner, Tuesday, December 5, 2023?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
A salad meal, chicken, grated gruyere and carrots, toasted sliced almonds, bacon, and avocado with a honey and Dijon dressing.
20231205_174957.jpg

More premade food from Lufa farms. We finished off the mujadara. We almost finished off the quinoa salad - my homemade vinaigrette helped a lot. We also had some Brazilian "bohinhas de queijo", some cheese ball appetizers. Those were pretty good while they were still warm:

December 5 is a national holiday in the Netherlands, due to it being Saint Nicolas (santa in other countries) birthday.
But as my dear cat died the day before, this year there wasn't a hot meal on the dinner table. However we did eat the traditional Sinterklaas (that's the name of the holiday here) candy. So I am sharing some of the Sinterklaas candy with you.
Chocoladeletter melk.jpg

A milk chocolate letter from the local patisserie, chocolate letters with the first letter of your name are a Dutch traditional Sinterklaas food.
Lebkuchen pop.jpg

A taai taai doll (which is a soft biscuit very similar to the German 'lebkuchen' it's a spiced dough much like gingerbread topped with white icing.
406360977_6562637100529464_6525751939944865370_n.jpg

And kruidnoten (spiced mini cookies) with sugar candy.

Back
Top Bottom