What's for dinner? Wednesday 9-7-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to scientific theory, or my silly musings (not sure which one ;) ), there are many free-floating carbs in the atmosphere because so many people are on low- or no-carb diets. Suddenly, Himself and I found that *gasp* OUR numbers had come up and we had to have a high-carb dinner. Besides, we had been out most of the afternoon and half the evening and I was hangry. Hence, a stop at "PizzaPizza". A pepperoni pizza and a box of cheesy bread (Himself's request) followed us home. Tomorrow, real food. :LOL:

BAHAHAHA .... *gasp* .... BAHAHAHA!!! :LOL:

K, Please forward on a detailed recipe?! I love that and its starting to turn cool here at the "Gateway To The Grand Canyon".
Also, could you whisper to me which "no name" enameled cast iron dutch oven you use?

Thanks for the nice words Kgirl, but other than the instructions I already left, there's no real recipe. I love cooking by the seat of my pants. A little of that, a little of this. When SC asks if we can have it again, I always say "no, but something close". ;)
The "no name" Dutch Oven is my statement that they all cook the same without a fancy name and I paid around $50 for it hundreds of meals ago. ;)
Like you, I think cooking should be fun.:chef:

Thanks for the nice words Kgirl, but other than the instructions I already left, there's no real recipe. I love cooking by the seat of my pants. A little of that, a little of this. When SC asks if we can have it again, I always say "no, but something close". ;)
The "no name" Dutch Oven is my statement that they all cook the same without a fancy name and I paid around $50 for it hundreds of meals ago. ;)
Like you, I think cooking should be fun.:chef:

Exactly, Kay. What's a recipe? A mere suggestion. DH will ask me to make the whatever I made last month. Nope, I have no idea what I did. Everything turns out different.

While I can follow a recipe, I don't, as it annoys me. I, too, prefer to cook by the seat of my pants.

Baking annoys me, though many love it.

Last edited:
Dawg!!!
img_1479069_0_1b7afe2af903e7e8d64c39562277fd62.gif

A girl after my own heart!

img_1479078_0_8cfe69d7bc45806a83959a94517466c4.jpg

Swedish meatballs, just the everyday version of the dinner, with veggies and brown gravy, no cream. It was lovely and just what we needed.

Back
Top Bottom